1UZ-FE into a Ford Sierra XR6 Rsa

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Jan Venter

Hi, I have a sucsesful transplant but my modified sump is leaking oil and my gearbox is not shifting on its own. I am riding by manually shifting the gears. The performance is scary. On the outside the car looks absolutely standard no mods to be seen. I run the Spitronics ECU and TCU. The engine is coming out so I can fix the oil lwak and see if I can get the gearbox computor to work right.

Jan Venter

There is a guy here locally that has a XR4Ti that he has been driving for a year as a daily with the 1U in it. It has a full custom sump as well. He even got it by smogged and sticker-ed as a legal swap.

Jake

Ford XR6 with uz

Thanks for your comment Jake. Iam considdering a selfmade sump. The biggest problems i had was the brake booster and the power steering that snagged the sump. My solution was to relocate the booster to the opposite side and use a master cyl and slave cyl to push it. I also deleted the piwer steering and fitted a normal manual steering. I have done two long distance trips of 700 km one way with no problems fuel runs at 10 lit per 100 km.

Jan Venter

Look up Cthommes on here and send him a PM. He does not post on here often. But he is running a booster no problem (but it does seem he had to use something other than factory). He also has the stock power steering without any issues. I will tell you building his oil pan was really quite a deal. I went back and figured out that in just man hours we were nearly 2500 bucks into it. Material was a whole different tab. Let him know I sent you to him.

Jake