1uz-fe Engine BORE MAX?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibbby

I have a good machinest and I am considering boring out a 4.0 liter 1uz-fe engine block....I have my hands on an extra block and it's collecting dust...The machinest is slow, now is the time.....

Question - What is the largest bore job that can be done on this block without compromising the structual block integrity?

2nd Question - What pistons should be used to match?

3rd Question - What a about the stock heads after the bore job?

I welcome any suggestions, info, etc... as I could not find the appropriate thread via the search engine...Also I would have put this in the engine section but I did not see anything for boring the blocks...

From my reads I am seeing that a 5.0L bore job is doable...

I have a good machinest and I am considering boring out a 4.0 liter 1uz-fe engine block....I have my hands on an extra block and it's collecting dust...The machinest is slow, now is the time.....

Could you e-mail me a pic of the top and side view of the std piston while you have the block apart...

Regards,

Mike

i don't know myself how he calculated 4.9Liters when he said he is using a tundra crank and tundra pistons. he didn't say if he stroked the tundra crank or not. i am assuming he did.

Hi, Mike here again,

Have you had your spare block apart yet?? do you think you could send me a close up of the top and sides of the std pistons??

Regards.

Sold the block after I realised I wasn't boring out anything...Actually I gave it away to a friend to free up room....Sorry mate...

Just do a quick forum search, I am sure they're pics of a 1uz-fe block somewhere on this forum...

Damn,

Ahh well I guess I have to keep my eyes open for the next person to open up their own engine. I have searched all over the place, I can get decent shots of the forged turbo pistons, but no decent shots of the std pistons anywhere.

Mike

Ahhh, those look good, sorry my toyota searching isnt so good, I know where things are in the nissan forums as I spend more time there.

Well it looks hopeful, but is the crown volume a net + x cc or a net - y cc??

Also it looks like I want the post 95 piston without the steel insert for lightness as I will be staying NA without bottle.

Looks like the only thing I now need is crown volume for the vvti or the later 10.4:1 piston.

Thanks for that,

Mike

Attachments

• gra-dual.jpg
    gra-dual.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 4
  • gra dual004.jpg
    gra dual004.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 56

Question - What is the largest bore job that can be done on this block without compromising the structual block integrity?

2nd Question - What pistons should be used to match?

3rd Question - What a about the stock heads after the bore job?

I welcome any suggestions, info, etc... as I could not find the appropriate thread via the search engine...Also I would have put this in the engine section but I did not see anything for boring the blocks...

From my reads I am seeing that a 5.0L bore job is doable...
2uz has the same stroke, except 94mm bores. You could sleeve the block for 94mm sleeves. Going larger than that a darton style wet sleeve should be able to get 97mm or so. I'm trying to figure the same thing out.

On the standard sleeves it's safest to be around .062" minimum sleeve thickness, but some bore that by .020", but .062" is said to be the minimum safe thickness by a few of the sleeve manufacturers that i have asked.

2uz has the same stroke, except 94mm bores. You could sleeve the block for 94mm sleeves. Going larger than that a darton style wet sleeve should be able to get 97mm or so. I'm trying to figure the same thing out.

On the standard sleeves it's safest to be around .062" minimum sleeve thickness, but some bore that by .020", but .062" is said to be the minimum safe thickness by a few of the sleeve manufacturers that i have asked.

So sleeve it to the 94mm bores and get the 4.7L of the 2uz. Then stroke by around 10% ( stock rod ratio is 1.77 ), dropping to a 1.58 rod ratio with standard piston height and get it to 5.2L.