1UZ engine swap

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

fastegg

Somebody has just asked me... When putting a UCF21 engine in another car, apart from using all the usual stuff, motor, transmission, ECU, wiring loom, key and ignition barrel, he asked me if there is a transponder to link the key to the ECU. Does anyone know anything of this ?

Transponder->radio channel->antenna->amplifier->ECU
Antenna is separate unit being just a ring of wound wire. Amplifier is located somewhere near, and it has two sockets, one 5-pin type for power and ECU interface, the other one connects to antenna

Transponder question

Transponder->radio channel->antenna->amplifier->ECU
Antenna is separate unit being just a ring of wound wire. Amplifier is located somewhere near, and it has two sockets, one 5-pin type for power and ECU interface, the other one connects to antenna

Sorry George_R you've misunderstood me. A guy wants to put a UCF21 engine into some other car. He can purchase a motor which has key/barrel, wiring loom, ECU, transmission etc. Is there any other transponder reading devices necessary to run the motor ?
Or are you surgesting he needs radio,antenna, amplifier for engine swap to work ?

Yes he needs, as per my post above
He does need antenna and amplifier
'radio' in my reply just means there's no wires between transponder and amplifier

Transponder question

'radio' in my reply just means there's no wires between transponder and amplifier

Are you saying that without the antenna and amplifier out of the car the motor came out of, that the motor cannot be started without them ?

no, any of these would work. The only things that must come together from one donor are key (complete with transponder) and ECU
ECU can be reprogrammed to accept another key though. It also can be modified to run immo bypass device instead of key+antenna+amplifier

Last edited:
Transponder question

PS George_R.... Ive had an aftermarket amp fitted in my boot so the stock amp is no longer wired into the circut.... Car still runs.....
I'm not disputing what you say but I can't believe if I unplugged the antenna, the car wouldn't start....

no, any of these would work. The only things that must come together from one donor are key (complete with transponder) and ECU
ECU can be reprogrammed to accept another key though. It also can be modified to run immo bypass device instead of key+antenna+amplifier

What's immo ?

By the way... what's involved in reprogramming the ECU ?
... As I know you can reprogramme the key if you have the car.

PS George_R.... Ive had an aftermarket amp fitted in my boot so the stock amp is no longer wired into the circut.... Car still runs.....
I'm not disputing what you say but I can't believe if I unplugged the antenna, the car wouldn't start....

you can wire ECU pin named 'KSW' to ground. In this case , after a key is accepted as valid at least once, you can remove immo stuff completely and still be able to start the engine, *until you remove battery*

I'm saying what I'm saying. You forgot to mention antenna and amp
A barrel on the other hand is not necessary , you can just put your key somewhere near antenna