1uz cruiser

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

neal

I have just finished and run in comp my Bj42 landcruiser with 1uz and cruiser cluch and man box. went better than I thought it would. i did all work my self so if anyone wants to know how i did it let me know

I wanted to use the cruiser clutch so made an adapter to go between 1uz and cruiser bell housing. The 3B engine that came out of the truck has a plate that goes between the engine and bell housing with a hole that just lets the crank poke through, the 1uz has a plate about 4 inches wide that sand wedge the flexi plate to the crank. I put this plate in a lath and turned it down to the same size as the hole in the cruiser plate. Then I could put the cruiser plate on the 1uz and drill out 1uz holes giving a pattern to make adapter that would be with in a few thou.

I will get photos in the next day or so to help explane.

Swampymarsh

If you don’t yet have motor try and get one with sump at the rear. I used one with sump at front and had to make new sump because of the diff. A mid sump would need a small amount of mod to fit.

Before you take old motor out measure where it sits in the engine bay. In the 40 series cruiser the motor sits to one side of the engine bay and runs on a diagonal not down the middle as one would think. I chose to keep G-box and so on in the original place which meant the engine is very close to one side but drive shafts are in the same line as Mr Toyota meant them to be.

I did not want to use hilux fly wheel and clutch because I don’t think they have enough surface area so I used cruiser clutch which meant I had to get a fly wheel made. If yoou need I can give you measurements to fit BJ42 G-box.

Attached some pics.

Thanks for the information Neal. I have a SC400 engine that has the rear sump. About the clutch, what dia. is it and have you had any slippage issues? Also what year cruiser clutch? Was it from an 100 series cruiser? Here in the states that was never offered....

Thanks
Dave

Thanks Neal for the photo's. I'm very interested in your clutch and flywheel setup. Was the flywheel a bolt on? or did you have to modify it somehow? Can you give more details on what specific model of '81 LandCruiser? Please, Please, Please...........
Thanks Dave

I had the flywheel made. I took in the flywheel from cruiser and flexy plate from 1uz and asked them to make one the same as the cruiser with bolt paten from 1uz flexy plate. note the new flywheel had to deeper because of the adapter plate and how much the crank pokes out from face the adaptor bolts to. my new flywheel was 59mm deep so had them lighten as much as posible.

Sorry it took so long I just got back in the country and took a couple of pics but late in the day and light was not so good and was in a rush. sorry pic to large I will try and reduce