1UZ Coffee Table (Zuffen)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

hungryforinfo

So I saw all you Rover guys doing it and thought I'm going to build a Jap one.

It's a fair bit harder than the Rover ones, what with the 90deg 'V' but it didn't take much to solve.

Just gotta decide on polishing or just silver powder coating....

Very cool.

I must have a huge stroker crank to get the rods that far above the deck.

I have a spare block but I don't see my wife accepting it in the house and I don't need a coffee table in my workshop.

Besides I don't drink coffee.

If it's not fermented in some shape or form it isn't fit for human consumption!

Attachments

• PICT0013_resize.JPG
    PICT0013_resize.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 22
Nice,ive always wanted one ever since i saw a holden v8 copy in harvey norman.I said to the missus no less then three wees ago to do the same thing,she didnt like the idea.Whats wrong with these people?

I don't drink coffee either, hence the booze:beerchug: ... It's just a name, like a glove box, not many people have driving gloves in there.:beerchug:

My Mrs was dead against it (but its my house) and then when she saw it completed she was all for it and throwing around suggestions for my next few projects. Barstools and a foldout car couch.. LOL

Anyone got another block in Brisbane real cheap?

That is nice... Closer pictures of the Rods and block mounting.

At the front I just drilled and tapped holes, ran some 8mm stainless bolts and cut some small dia. stainless pipe on the same angle as the rod to space the bolt heads up, and allow them to sit flat.

I bolted a 6mm plate to the back and bent it in a falt bar bender, to mimick the shape of the front riser, and notched it out around the sleeves, whacked some 10x1.5mm stainless bolts into the head holes to hold it down and drilled and tapped the flat bar too.

I would have bolted them to the block, but then I would have lost a lot of height.

I'll try and get some more photos in the next couple weeks.

Very cool.

I must have a huge stroker crank to get the rods that far above the deck.

I have a spare block but I don't see my wife accepting it in the house and I don't need a coffee table in my workshop.

Besides I don't drink coffee.

If it's not fermented in some shape or form it isn't fit for human consumption!
Not even coffie ?? Aha

As a retired Company Director I don't own anything, so the house is my wife's.

Everything is in my wife's name.

Every single tool in my workshop belongs to her.