1uz 80sreies auto

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

mick 490

Hi guys have got my cruiser driving , but still have some small problems 1 being that auto doesnt sense the engine and goes into o/d at about 40klms. other prob is the tacho if anyone has any info it would be a lot of help.

From reading you other posts you have a 40/40/40 soarer ecu running the engine. Was the cruiser a petrol or diesel before? Have you got any trans codes? Sounds like the trans is in fail safe. Check the trans system diagrams and ensure all the signals are there. Have you had a scanner on it? to check when you have shared signals they are still giving the correct value? We worked on a Mitsi this week running the mitsi trans ecu and lexus engine and some of the signals where incompatable so double systems needed to be fitted.

Whats the tacho doing wrong?

If your using a 4 cylinder tachometer you can use the 1uz wire . Trace the middle wire from the igniter that has five wires then connect that to original tachometer wire. I'm doing a Mitsi with the V8 and I'm finding it very useful to have a Mitsi and Lexus diagram that way I can work out what the Mitsi gearbox needs from the V8 to work

car was a petrol manual but changed it to auto for ease of driving for my wife. changed engine and gear box loom and computor for the auto control to stand alone ,and an controling engine with its own system. all gears work but it changes to fast ,havnt had a scanner hooked to it yet. tacho was running from the diagnostic plugs one engine loom and old engine loom then it just stopped was using the standed tacho