1UZ 4Runner - clutch MC problem

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

4RunnerV8

Hi all,

I'm at the stage in my project where the engine is running and I'm ready to tune it... but...

the master cylinder is too small, so the clutch doesn't engage until the pedal is almost at it's limit

I've been hunting everywhere for a bigger master cylinder, but the problem I'm having is that my MC resides on the inside of the footwell with a blanking plate where the cylinder and reservoir would normally be, and the reservoir is sitting to the left of the brake booster, as pictured: http://imgur.com/u11XbiC

to get it tuned I'm just going to stick a longer rod in the slave cylinder, but that's not a permanent fix.
If anyone has run into this problem before, what did you do?
I'm thinking of boring the MC and putting a bigger piston in, but would much rather just get a newer, bigger MC.

I don't have the car atm so can't look in the footwell - does anyone know if the master cylinder is the same as other LN130R 4runners/hiluxes, just mounted internally and with a hose connecting the reservoir, rather than it being mounted directly?

thanks

Last edited:
Why not just put a Tilton MC in? High quality, and cheap.. Can get all kinds of bore stroke combo's, attached and remote reservoirs... Least that's what I used back in the day.

thanks for the responses

I actually bought a bunch of my conversion gear from gloverman and emailed him before posting on here, he's probably still on break.

i'll look into willwood and tilton, thanks again

I changed to a normal hilux pedal box as my fire wall massaging hit the v6 master inside, i then used a landcruiser master inside the engine bay , the landcruiser MC is a larger capacity which gives a better throw at the slave.