1999 1UZ Toyota Hilux

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Tuf Lux

Hey peoples. Well ive been a long time viewer on the site now so i thought it was about time that i posted some pics up of my lil project which was completed a few months ago.

Well as you can probably already tell its a 1999 2WD Toyota Hilux with some extensive mods which I have transplanted a standard 1UZ into. The motor is controlled by an Autronic SM4 ECU and mated to the standard W56 hilux gearbox. It has custom ceramic coated tri-y style extractors, high flow metal cats, and a custom twin 2.25inch into single 2.5inch exhaust system. And yeh as i said its still a standard motor (at the moment) apart from what ive stated and the other obvious changes you can see in the pics, CAI and all the other cosmetic mods.

The car made 225rwhp before the shims were reshimmed back to factory specs and the extractors were ceramic coated. Plenty more plans install for this, will keep you all up to date on any changes. Let me know what you all think. :yup:

Thanx for all the comments guys.

10/10 for cleanliness bro! I am using these pictures to coax my dad into ditching his 3.4 tacoma for a 4.0, thanks for the ammo :)

Haha, thanx mate, sounds like a great idea to me, its one of the best modifications I have done to my truck since owning it, your dad will certainly enjoy the new found power :)

Hey Dude i live in brisbane looking at doing this conversion. How did you get on with getting it Plated? i know there are limitations but if my hilux is a 1990 2wd Dual Cab it was a diesel it should be ok to get a 1uz plated?

Sorry for the late reply, forgot this thread existed anymore after I started the forced induction build.

When we originally done the conversion on mine it wasn't too much of a dilemma. It fitted within main roads capacity limits, etc and was pretty straight forward on that part. But I have been told now, that the last lot of rule changes they brought in have very much limited what you are able to do.

Best bet is to get in contact with main roads or one of your local mod platers and see what they have to say. There used to be a modification application on the Qld Transport website that you could mail in to get approval, as it probably would be best to get something in writting before you go ahead nowadays.