1994 LS400 Cross Drilled Brembos

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

lintakoc

The brake pads seem to fade rather quickly and it gets harder and harder to brake. It feels that everytime I'm braking it slows it down a little but hardly what it should be. I have to press down pretty far to get any real braking response. I was wondering if I upgraded to some cross drilled brembos if that would decrease my stopping distance and performance? Also, would they work with the stock pads, lines, etc? And where is a reliable place to get them, eBay has a couple but I can't sort out the hype between whats really Brembo, cross-drilled, plated, or what not. Thanks for posts.

93-94 should have very good brake already. Have you check your brake condition lately? Drilled and slotted is great but your pads will ware out much faster. I would stay with oem products.

Poor Brakes

This may be a silly idea, but when did you last change the brake fluid, 12 months of city driving and it absorbs lots of water, as soon as the brakes heat up under hard braking the water turns to steam and the pedal travels much further, the fluid may need replacing, or bleeding to remove air trapped in the system, it worked for me.
Regards Lambo

Brakes...

Yeah I heard the older first gen lexus cars had better 2-piston brakes than the front - the first gen had single pistons.

this kinda sounds like a master cylinder prob? I'm not a mechanic!

Brake fluid change/bleed would definitely be a first thing to do, but MAKE SURE YOU DO IT PROPERLY.
I got air in my lines and the brakes were so soft and spongy. I don't have a lex repair manual so I went by my supra's dealership repair manual procedures. Apparently I was supposed to release the bleeder valve and have someone hold the brake down while tightening the valve, which the book didn't say to do. Shoot me for being a newbie like that.

I wouldn't jump the gun and upgrade to brembos, unless you have the budget because I know I didn't. I got pads and discs off ebay for about $200+ dollars. They aren't as good as brembos or stock but at least I have money left over for gas for the rest of the year.