1992 ls400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

danlolasdad

hi guys im new to this forum im wondering if anyone here supplies or knows of a replacement for the rear control arm ball joint its easily pressed out but toyota/lexus only sell the complete thanks.

Photo1589.jpg

Photo1590.jpg

Photo1593.jpg

22 views please tell me this is not another ls400 forum with no answers this is a regular wear and tear item im lookin to replace the balljoint only as its easily removed from the control arm which has mint bushes btw thanks in advance

I have owned 3 early 90's LS's and I never found a straightforward balljoint replacement. Lexus always forces you to buy the entire arm with the joint. If its pressed in, you can count on lexus to force you to grab the rest of the arm. However, I know you can find polyurethane bushings to replace the OEM's.

Registered just to post this, as I've been struggling with finding any info on it myself... I just replaced the rear upper balljoint on my UCF10 1991 with a replacement part meant for UCF20 (1994-2000).

It fits, apart from one detail, the snap ring groove ends about 1mm higher. I ended up grinding some metal off the control arm from underside of the seat.

Attachments

• photo_2020-03-21_10-28-25.jpg
    photo_2020-03-21_10-28-25.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 7
Registered just to post this, as I've been struggling with finding any info on it myself... I just replaced the rear upper balljoint on my UCF10 1991 with a replacement part meant for UCF20 (1994-2000).

It fits, apart from one detail, the snap ring groove ends about 1mm higher. I ended up grinding some metal off the control arm from underside of the seat.
Very cool to share this. Often there is no good reason the manufacturer changes small things except so it won't fit between models. Thanks for sharing.