1991 hiace 1uz

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

prkyv8

hey there im halfway through my conversion bit stuck on sourcing a fuel tank and also sorting of all the pipes like vacums and stuff like that any diagram of hoses would be awsome or if anyone can help identifying my motor and year?

im running the standard 1uz auto box and stock hiace diff till i can get hold of a lsd 3.9 ratio

cant wait to get going have a nice short exhaust coming out in front of rear wheels with a balancing pipe for equal sound out either side exhaust is just over 1m long hopefully has a nice rumble with custom headers

originally the motor was a front sump but we got a custom rear sump made up only problem is it sits very low to ground lower than cross member so not looking forward to speed bumps

if anyones got diagrams of anything thatd b awsome cheers

Attachments

• P1010378 redo.JPG
    P1010378 redo.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 52
  • P1010388 redo.JPG
    P1010388 redo.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
i did work on one ages ago
u have to compromise from ground clearance and under seat clearance
we made a huge thick sump guard because the sump sat a touch lower than xmember
and even then i think we had to raise the seats slightly

yeah thats what ill get round to making for it just a decent bashplate. we are in the progress of angling the throttle body and cutting and patching the unwanted parts off then its just the problem of bending pipes to get to airbox and cutting out safety belt point and heightining just that little area and welding in a plate for new safety mount and hope its up to cert standard does this sound right?

Heres a van with no upper cover mods and the standard lexus rear sump sits level with the cross member. The photo doesn't show it so good as the van is up in the air but the base of the sump sits level with the cross member and as the member curves out the sump is square on the sides. I never had any ground clearance issues. With a custom sump there is no need to have it sitting lower than cross member as it can be made to suit the van. You still need the motor sitting quite high to get the driveshaft angle nice. Cheers

Attachments

• september stuff - lextreme 498.jpg
    september stuff - lextreme 498.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 49
  • August stuff - lextreme 013.jpg
    August stuff - lextreme 013.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 38
  • cartunevan003.JPG
    cartunevan003.JPG
    185.6 KB · Views: 41
  • sunday morning van work 006.jpg
    sunday morning van work 006.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 42
  • sunday morning van work 016.jpg
    sunday morning van work 016.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 40
where abouts has the throttle body been put? as i cant actually see it and thats the only thing that hits the seat belt point in mine i have seen them been put in filter box but with the extra pipeing is that fine or does it run sht that way? thats what im starting to think i should do instead of shifting the safety point. the drive shaft is in and lines up with dif as far as we can tell the custom sump i think is bigger than the standard one it holds 5.3L what does the normal one hold? heres a couple pics of sump

Attachments

• sump2.JPG
    sump2.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
hi i just got an hiace yesterday some one started do you have any info on it please

hey there im halfway through my conversion bit stuck on sourcing a fuel tank and also sorting of all the pipes like vacums and stuff like that any diagram of hoses would be awsome or if anyone can help identifying my motor and year?

im running the standard 1uz auto box and stock hiace diff till i can get hold of a lsd 3.9 ratio

cant wait to get going have a nice short exhaust coming out in front of rear wheels with a balancing pipe for equal sound out either side exhaust is just over 1m long hopefully has a nice rumble with custom headers

originally the motor was a front sump but we got a custom rear sump made up only problem is it sits very low to ground lower than cross member so not looking forward to speed bumps

if anyones got diagrams of anything thatd b awsome cheers

sorry not sure how this works but if you could send me any relavant info on your conversion [email protected]

hiace 1uz conversion

if you have any info on how to wire up engine to van or and any pictures as i got half a project one to do thanks if you could help wayne 09 8131641 0210464409 [email protected]