1985 rx7 1uz turbo

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
546962_4827503496209_1110854946_n.jpg

643887_4827502776191_1802558136_n.jpg

318720_4827502376181_1179025461_n.jpg

531044_4827501736165_778761394_n.jpg

just some progress pics, still plodding away

i still have to find a spark plug wire solution, meaning i need a wire that can fit down the tube and be custom length to go to my coil packs with GM HEI terminals on them, im thinking i might just use regular straight boot custom wire set and make or if possible buy a set of plug wire pliers that can fit down the 7/8" tube to install and remove the boot....any suggestions are welcome.

the tec3 uses GM twin post coils that will be mounted on the firewall behind each head.

390145_4837479185595_1463227188_n.jpg

this is all the intercooler i can realistically fit without cutting up my chassis, plus wont need anything bigger really, its going to be on pump gas boost levels and i have water injection also

559561_4832181333152_1646098563_n.jpg

had to make an oil re-routing block to eliminate the stock filter housing since it does not fit in the car, plus i want to run external filters and a cooler, this routes the lines forward away from the steering, i will be mounting all that mess soon enough once the intercooler is hung in place

thank you, if you know of anyone in NZ with a TT 1uz in one of these i would love to see how they did it to compare...its tight man...
Did see a twin turbo and manifold set-up for sale for our engines a while back $1500 (NZ)
Thought it would be a good deal ,but yes fitting in some cars would be fun.

I have wondered if the A/C is deleted and the alternator could be repositioned , and the manifolds swapped around ie: left to right , then the turbos would be configured about the same as a Mitsi GTO . and placed at the front of the motor just below the heads.

Heres something I found, but my work computer won't let me see the site that refers to it sorry

Attachments

• Twin Turbo.jpg
    Twin Turbo.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 39
Heres something I found, but my work computer won't let me see the site that refers to it sorry

that is a pretty engine, but odd as it may sound there is no room to do that in the gen1
there lacks about 3-4 inches forward and up to do any kind of standard install, and no amount of cutting will earn you that, there simply is not enough car.

the drivers turbo had to go forward and down so that the downpipe could turn to miss the steering, otherwise it would have needed an S in it, and there is no room for that, the pass turbo had to be turned so that the downpipe went straight out between the head and the strut tower because it cannt go down like the drivers side due to alternator, and its just...*&^&)))(& tight all over lol

if a person wanted to mod the brake booster and run a bulge/scoop/cowl hood, you could get away with the stock oil pan, but the engine would sit higher, and cause other problems for turbo plumbing, not so much for NA

there is no way in hell you can have AC on the car...not a chance, sucks too, because i live in the hell hole of the USA, right now its middle january and was 83F today...

also had to run internal gate turbos, because there isnt enough room for external gates and the plumbing, i mean really, it "could" be done...but it would be an absolute nightmare and its bad enough as is

and yes, no wiring on the engine yet :D

Last edited: