1984 - 1988 Toyota truck swap

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Jakespeeds

I have been looking around and there seems to be a number of these trucks running around with finished swaps. But I cannot find anything with information on which headers were used and problems that were run into. Quite a few 4runner pages but I don't think much of that is going to transfer over reliably.

I will have to use the automatic to get it by smog legally. But other than that anyone have any definitive information or links to websites with finished swaps?

Jake

Here's my build thread.

http://www.toyotaminis.com/forum/bu...-23/yotarips-turbo-truck-project-rebirth-724/

It's starts off with the turbo 22r swap and the 1uz swap begins on page 9.
SC400 exhaust manifolds are a perfect fit. They are the only OEM manifold that will clear the 2WD upper control arms. I used the SC400 oilpan and replaced the original 2x2" bolt in crossmember with a welded in 1x2" crossmember to clear the pan. Xcessive manufacturing now offers motor mounts for 22r to 1uz swaps that work with this truck.
My truck has been going strong for over a year now. My only serious issue is lack of traction. Best 1/4 mile is 14.5 @ 99 mph spinning through 1st, 2nd and half of third. It's easily a low 13 second truck with a $200 1uz.

null_zpsa74ac733.jpg

null_zps8f9614d8.jpg

null_zps889197ed.jpg

2AD63204-8030-4D42-B25B-CD4CFEBC15B8_zpslcllesuw.jpg

I was wondering how to get a hold of you. I found your youtube videos and enjoyed them quite a bit was having no luck finding detailed information on it. Thank you for the links but the two main questions I had you answered already. I have the ability to make mounts and such. I am thinking about what I want for a new daily driver. I have a 2006 loaded Camry and its fine but I want something a little more unique. I have started looking for one of these trucks in an xtracab with at least AC factory. An SR5 would be a bonus. One of those trucks with a 1U seems like a perfect combination to me. I helped a buddy put one in a Merkur and its amazing how nice that car is now. Great all around driver.

Jake

Yeah, it's a great motor and i am addicted to the 1uz.
I also performed 1uz swaps into my 90 and 92 cressidas and a friend's 87 and 91 supras.
I like the 1uz in the supra so much that I just bought a 91 supra to swap.

It's a great motor for daily driving and get's great gas mileage in a light vehicle.

I am looking forward to it. I am going to take a little different path though. I going sort of old school. I have a guy locally that carries all the vintage wheels from Japan. As soon as he scores the correct Stern wheels for one of these trucks I will grab them. Now its just the job of trying to find a truck. There have been a couple on Craigslist but the entire ad is written in Mexican. So I figured they did not want my US money. Sooner or later one will pop up.

Jake