1975 Corolla project--and thanks

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

markstoys

I want to take a moment to thank Lextreme.com and all its members. This project would never have gotten this far, or even started, were it not for this forum and all the people who post on it. The amount of knowledge available and the generosity of the members here is incredible--my car is a reflection of that.

I got yelled at for making new threads for this project, but it has been three years since I posted anything--so I'm making a new thread anyway.

It is a '75 Corolla with the motor, front and rear suspension from a '92 SC400.
IMG_2679.jpg

Some people may remember when I started this, but for others, here are a few pics that show some progress. ALL the work was done by me, at home, in my garage.

This is the car as I got it six years ago--bone stock and pretty rough.
PICT0027.jpg

Stripped down to reveal the real extent of the rust.
PICT0015-1.jpg

Custom chassis.
PICT0050.jpg

An early mock up
PICT0005.jpg

And how it looks now
IMG_2683-1.jpg
I have posted over the years about some of the individual parts that were fabricated for this car, but if you want to check out the whole process, I have a blog here:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/229209...toyota-corolla

The car is not done yet, although visually it won't change much in the foreseeable future. It will be mostly suspension and engine tuning from now on--I am looking forward to posting up HP numbers and lap times.

Thanks for looking,
Mark

Hey Mark! Good to see you here!
It was cool seeing your car at toyotafest this year! and it was also super cool getting a chance to talk about your setup.