11's for Fugly

fugly

I recently made the 350-400klm each way trek to Townsville Raceway again to see if i could manage an 11 out of the Centura, listed bellow are my 3 best times;
12.048@111.94 with 1.682 60ft.
11.988@112.78 with 1.714 60ft.
11.978@111.94 with 1.643 60ft.

These times were run on slicks & front runners, I also ran most of the night with my exhaust dropped at the extractors, but one of the 11's i ran was with the exhaust back on, what surprised my was the exhaust didn't hurt horsepower remembering this exhaust also holds the noise back to a street legal 90db.

Nothing has changed engine wise other than more hard street klms & thrashing at burnout comps.

Now that i got a 11 in the bag i am going back to concerntrating on running an 11 in true street trim.

fugly

Yeh thats right Lex, still running 9lb boost & still running about 290rwhp with the safe burnout tune.

v8commy

any more info on the setup you have, tyres, trans , weight etc. i have a vb commodore with supercharged 1uz, m112 blower, th350 trans , Hoosier quick time pros etc etc.i had car out at drags here in christchurch on sunday and chasing an 11 sec time could only manage a best of 12.3 @ 110mph , 1.8 60ft. i know my car has an 11 in it but seems so far away. any tips? cheers

fugly

My car is a 1976 Chrysler Centura.
Weight is about 1400kgs with me in it.
Gear box is a Toyota Crown box rebuilt & modified by MV Automatics.
Converter is also from MV Automatics, stall is surposed to be 2800 but i only seeing about 2500, i was flashing the converter at this last meet.
Diff is Borg Warner, gears are 3.89 to 1, full spool, 31 spline axles.
Tyres used were 26 X 8 X 15 Mickey Thompson full slicks & front runners.
I was shifting at 6500rpm, not sure of revs through the traps.
Pumping in about 9lb of boost into a completly stock motor.
Been dynoed at 289rwhp.
You are getting very close MPH to me but your 60ft is a little slower so you losing a bit there, you must be losing abit more time during the run as well as i have managed to run 12.3@113 mph out of my combo in full street trim & my 60fts were in the 2.0's & 2.1's.

fugly

You will have to start up a thread on your car (or have you) with more details on your combo, don't forget to include pics.

v8commy

yeah might have to do that. the next meeting is in 2 weeks so i will be back out there then and will post results , ( hopefully closer to 11s ) this time might have a go using the trans brake to see if getting off the line with a few more revs helps. ( with out braking some thing )