Throttle Problems

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

UZ BOY

Hi Guys

First post here, been keeping an eye on all your projects. I have done many many 1UZ VVTI and non VVTI conversions over the years(+-50), but I've always gone stand alone (Spitronics). I just finished off a conversion in a Crafter, this time I used a pre wired motor & gearbox (VVTI front loom) just to see what it it's like. Well the motor runs nicely, starts first time every time, BUT as soon as I take it for a drive and it's about to select 2nd gear the throttle just stops working. The electronic part of the throttle just refuses to work, the last quarter of the throttle can then barely get me up to 100Kph. If i then stop the vehicle switch off the engine and start it again it's fine until I start driving then it's the same thing!

What can be causing this Where can I pull codes? The motor came without diagnostic connector, where can I tap into the diagnostic line on the ECU? The ECU nr 89661-3a600.

Please please guys help!

3a600 is a 4wd ecu to start with. It will only work with its stock transmission (4-speed 4wd auto)
What trouble codes do you observe?

Hi George

Getting three codes:
27 sub sensor bank 1
29 sub Sensor bank 2
78 Fuel pump control

The throttle problem stopped by itself, BUT now this car won't go past 20 MPH! It's like a speed limiter, as soon as you reach 20 it cuts the motor and then resumes @ about 16 MPH and as soon as you hit 20 same thing, it just cuts out.

Please guys help, If I don't sort this ASAP this vehicle is getting a Spitronics, at least I know the Spitronics works and I can drive faster than 20 MPH!!!

These codes are not relevant to your problem
Your problem must have something to do with how you arranged the speed signal to the ecu
as it's 4wd one

Check your TPS. Adjust with .40 feeler gauge in between idle screw and throttle. disconnect TPS wire, using bottom two metal tabs in TPS hook up clips and wires to connect to muti meter. Using multi meter measure where ohm resistance is as close to 0 as possible and then check for continuity: you must have continuity with .40mm (Gap) feeler and no continuity with .80mm (Gap) feeler.