1993 Lexus LS400 kills fuel pumps every month

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Confused_Screaming

What the title says. I'm about to install the third fuel pump in this thing. I took out the one that came with it (Toyota branded) because it felt a bit weak, but otherwise had no real issues. The replacement, a Spectra fuel pump with kit and strainer, lasted about three months before finally becoming so weak that I was losing speed from 40mph on flat ground. The new pump, which is the same brand and kit as the old one, is dying as well. It started skipping on acceleration last night. Is this an issue with Spectra pumps, or something with the car?

I'd be fitting a different brand of pump myself. Personally my first choice is Factory branded Nippon denso. This is my prefer choice in pumps for all my conversions and the kit I stock fits most factory applications too.

I'd be fitting a different brand of pump myself. Personally my first choice is Factory branded Nippon denso. This is my prefer choice in pumps for all my conversions and the kit I stock fits most factory applications too.

Bought the Denso one off of RockAuto. The previous Spectra kits were the best Autozone had, and I only bought the same one the second time around because I had work the next day and needed my car to actually go places. Hopefully the new pump doesn't immediately crap out, and hopefully the current one lasts until wednesday - it's dying pretty quick.