Search results

1. JustenGT8

'72 RA21 Coupe, 1uzfe and Single Turbo

Can't wait to see what sort of times it can run
  2. JustenGT8

Intake manifold options?

Lol if I got what it's worth I could take us all to dinner :) OP is welcome to make an offer ;)
  3. JustenGT8

Intake manifold options?

And gulp didn't realise you had invested that much in it....do you want it back, I've no use for it?
  4. JustenGT8

Intake manifold options?

I still have that distribution spacer Rod. Such a nice bit of CNC machining I just have it cleaned up and on the shelf in the shed to look at :)
  5. JustenGT8

Intake manifold options?

Yes :) The only option really
  6. JustenGT8

Single Turbo 1UZ MKII Supra Project

Living the auto projects dream....looks awesome ready
  7. JustenGT8

1uz hilux 400 hp

Crank case breathers aren't great. You were lucky, I blew out the rear main seal. I just made the two cam cover breathers flow as well as they could...ideally you would weld on new larger fittings. I also just ran mine to a catch can with no PCV...so not strictly street legal but solved the...
  8. JustenGT8

1uz hilux 400 hp

As a quick check hit the belt with some " belt grip " 1st. Not a long term solution but it'll solve any slip short term and confirm that's the issue. I'm a bit surprised it's slipping as they don't have anywhere near the load of a posi SC and not hard to get them spinning big boost with no slip...
  9. JustenGT8

1uz hilux 400 hp

Belt wrap wont be an issue for this....definitely sounds like a leak as boost sounds about right at the compressor outlet and you can't lose 6psi as a pressure drop along the intake...1 or 2 at most unless he's used garden hose ;)
  10. JustenGT8

1uz hilux 400 hp

Centrifugal blower Rod, totally different kettle of fish to positive displacement. I'd guess your BOV is leaking or a leak somewhere. No way you can pressure drop 6psi from SC outlet to TB unless there's a leak or the shittest intake piping ever built ;) Got a pic of the setup?
  11. JustenGT8

No boost

Looks tidy, nice work.
  12. JustenGT8

No boost

All good then :)
  13. JustenGT8

No boost

Yup sorry wrong again ;) the bypass is vac opened to avoid the SC stretching the air in high vac ie low throttle open positions. You obviously aren't needing boost in those conditions so you bypass the SC to 'unload' it and provide an alternative air path to the engine. Reduces intake temps A...
  14. JustenGT8

No boost

A roots SC is very very sensitive to any restriction upstream ie if the throttle isn't pretty well full open it won't make boost. If you have just been revving gently at idle its normal not to make boost...it needs lots of throttle :)
  15. JustenGT8

No boost

No pressure with large throttle opening? You won't see boost with the roots SC at any Revs unless it's a large throttle plate angle
  16. JustenGT8

1uz vvti sump to older 1uz

Fits fine. A couple of the studs are a larger diameter on the VVTi block but shouldn't effect you going the other way.
  17. JustenGT8

intercooler

If it's just for increased det resistance then no tuning required. If you are trying to wring every last kW on the ragged then yes very careful tuning is required. Just aim for around 10-15% of your fuel load as water. A variable rate system will obviously be better but I got away with a...
  18. JustenGT8

intercooler

Hi mate, I have a sandwich plate which lets you run a more conventional front mount IC or and air water if you wish.....might help save some dollars? Squeezed between the SC and inlet. It's a very impressive CNC machined price of billet. Zuffen had it made for his twin screw setup and it ended...
  19. JustenGT8

1uz hilux 400 hp

Just do a run on the dyno without the filter....1 run won't hurt anything and you'll gave good back to back power and AFR results to compare. I'm interested what the difference will be....we should run a book ;)