Search results

1. onyx_sc400

Car of Choice for 1UZFE Swap

Hey guys, check out this hot little kit car. It weighs about 1800 lbs (817 kgs) withought the donor engine. It's be a hot swap. With a stock 130hp accord engine, this thing goes from 0-100km/s in 5 seconds! It also holds some lap records when racing against some 500hp+ tuner cars. I belive...
  2. onyx_sc400

Vendor SC Concept Lights

Hey, great to see new products coming out. I love the first design the best. Do you happen to have a quote?
  3. onyx_sc400

Is it just me or...

Hey guys, I'm not sure if there is a problem with my car, but when I give it 3/4 throttle, it seems to accelerate faster than full throttle, but since the computer is detecting 3/4 throttle, it shifts into second an stops the power flow. Is anyone experiencing the same thing? Also, I took...
  4. onyx_sc400

Car of Choice for 1UZFE Swap

I'd like to see one in an s2000, MX-5 miata, or some other little roadster. I've seen MX-5's with Ford 5.0 HO's in them. The rumble from those cars is wicked, then they take off and leave two strips of rubber for 20yds!! It's freaking awesome! Imagine one of those passing you on the highway...
  5. onyx_sc400

Turbo Gains on 1UZ-FE!

Adam, hey man, I'm really interested in how your car sounds. The clips you have up on your site don't work. Do you have any others?
  6. onyx_sc400

liquid coming out of exhaust

it's water. The chemical process transforms exhaust gases from deadly pollutants to "clean H20." It's just a by-product..... no worries.
  7. onyx_sc400

Tucson Area

Hey guys, anybody from the Tucson area interested in showing off their sweet rides? I'll take mine, even though it's got a busted front lip right now....
  8. onyx_sc400

American V8 Swaps into Lexus?

Another variation of the ls1..... the ls7. 7k redline, 500hp completely stock. It's going on the new corvette zo6. All Aluminum, but I think it's someting like 60 pounds heavier. On the flip side, how about putting a 1uz in a 69 camaro...... pleanty of room for twin turbos. It'd be an awesome...
  9. onyx_sc400

Hood latch spring

Well that makes sense......... :o...
  10. onyx_sc400

Man, that'd be like Frankenstein in a tuxedo. Powerful, poorly put together, but with style.
  11. onyx_sc400

Hey guys, I just want to say that I love my sc400, and my 1uz is a rev monster! I got my sc with 110k on it, and around the 118k mark, the waterpump went, taking the timing belt with it. In order to do a reliable fix, belts, waterpump, cam tensioners ..... etc had to be replaced. My brother...
  12. onyx_sc400

Hood latch spring

I have the same problem...... mostly when it's cold outside. And my fingernails are super strong!
  13. onyx_sc400

Project Thread Project SC400TT

Can't wait to see what kind of reliable HP this thing puts out. Where is the turbo going to sit? Will it be relocated like the ls400t?
  14. onyx_sc400

1UZFE Valve Springs Upgrade

Just a thought... I wonder if there are any "Beehive Springs" that might fit our cars. I've heard great tales about these, mostly from LS1 guys.......
  15. onyx_sc400

I need help!

GrahamB - My ignorant mechanic told me that no one sold the top tanks...... and that he wouldn't want to use a used one for warranty issues.... Another quick update. My radiator was supposed to have been delivered on Friday, but the radiator that they delivered was damaged, so now I have to...
  16. onyx_sc400

Custom Headlights

Soooo pretty! I'm done painting the chrome piece. Rather than paying a a$$load for rechroming plastic, I went ahead and covered it up (removing the rust before of course.) I used high gloss engine paint with ceramic. The metal piece that usually sits in front of the projector had to be...
  17. onyx_sc400

Custom Headlights

Hey guys, like everybody else, by headlights were taken over by moisture, so I decided to do something about it..... custom headlights! Here is some before pics. Sorry about the quality, it was taken on my camera phone.
  18. onyx_sc400

I need help!

The engine runs great, no damage to the pistons. A new problem arose though, busted radiator. I ordered a new one from radiator.com $144 with lifetime warranty, ships today, arrives tomorrow. Very good customer service, HIGHLY recommended. I will later post in a different Forum area...
  19. onyx_sc400

I need help!

The engine would start to crank, but would never turn on. The timing belt and waterpump are being replaced as I write. More later
  20. onyx_sc400

I need help!

Woooo Hooo! I finally got a chance to drive the two hours to check out my car. I finally found where the water is coming from exactly, and I found why the engine won't start. The water was leaking from the water pump, running down the side of the engine( around the heads) then dripping to...