Search results

1. C

Warning - 1uz vvti Lextreme/ARP head studs

I have read the whole thread, it seems some have missed the point. It is NOT the studs, gaskets, head machining, or anything else that is the problem on this motor. It IS the NUT & WASHER are TOO TALL. At least it all worked out OK. The ARP washers are pretty thick, and the nuts have room...
  2. C

Saying Goodbye to the Big 3?

I hope for your sakes that the big 3 don't go down to chute, 10% of the US population is employed by the big 3, or by an employer that relies on them. If all 3 shut the doors overnight, there would be 30 million more people scratching their asses. Not nearly as bad here, but wouldn't be too...
  3. C

Low Mount Turbos

My brother designs and installs rear mount turbo systems, he has done a few on BA Falcons with the 5.4 modular motor, and a Harley Davidson F150, with the same motor. Unbelievable power from idle, his BA Fairmont Ghia, with the 3 valve motor, hasn't even had the rocker covers off, weighing...
  4. C

Engine Girdle

I would be willing to distribute them in Australia, as I am already an Ebay seller, I am experienced in packing and sending economically.
  5. C

Obama

Last year the US was about $730 Billion in debt, I think it would be easier to start building Golden Shitters than pay off your debt in 4 years!! I would think a tax cut may not be a possibility either....
  6. C

Crank pulley harmonic balancer pulley (old news) but good mod?

I have one for my 2UZ, made in the US. It is about 1/2" bigger diameter, about 3lb more boost. I havn't fitted it yet, and I'm thinking of not fitting it at all now.
  7. C

removal of throttle body

Cool, I will do it, as I need to cool the intake as much as possible, with the TRD charger.
  8. C

removal of throttle body

Would it not be heating up the throttle body, and the incoming air?
  9. C

removal of throttle body

What are ISCV pipes? If I remove them from mine, will it perform any better? Will it cause an cold start issues? When you remover them, do you join them both together (they are different sizes) or remove the hoses completely, and cap the fittings?
  10. C

"Coil on plug" coils for 1UZFE

So it looks like I'm stuck using the factory coil, unless I want to change plugs etc?
  11. C

"Coil on plug" coils for 1UZFE

Sorry for the Grave Dig, but I am in need of a new coil, (or a set) for my 2uz Landcruiser. Toyota part number is 9091902230. My Wife works at toyota, and the coil will still cost me over $100. Are there other coils that will fit, and work? Are there others that will work better, considering I...
  12. C

Whats up w/ Methanol???

My brother is a big fan of the Snow kits, I don't know which kit, but it would be the $450 kit, or is there a higher one? You run 50/50 water/methanol.
  13. C

Formula offroad car, with 1UZ-FE

Right, must be the shovel tyres I've seen. My favourite Video is a Formula Offroad video, I copied it to DVD, and watch it all the time. It is set to some Abba or Bjork style music, which is really in contrast with the 700hp + big blocks roaring on the screen. Most awesome work, best...
  14. C

Yes, but I think Paddle tyres are made from used drag racing slicks.....
  15. C

It's hard to tell, but aren't the tyres old Drag Car slicks, with the scoops vulcanised on? If so, most Common Drag tyres are 30" - 33", with the funny car and top fuelers running 36" tyres. Drag tyres are extremely light.
  16. C

LX470 with TRD S/C: K&N FIPK kit?

I bought it from a guy in the US who had it made, but never used it. When it arrives, I'll find out who made it, and pass the details on.
  17. C

Supercharged V8 Landcruiser. What do I do with the exhaust???

Well, I have a twin 2.5" press bent system, from the extractors back, no cats, 2 resonators, 2 twin in, twin out centre mufflers, then a twin in, twin out rear muffler. Sounds great, not too loud, but very tuff.
  18. C

I agree there would be less vacuum, but no boost.
  19. C

mmmm......I dunno about boost at idle, but it does ok from down low.
  20. C

I would suggest that you do have the right kit, but the US LC's have the different air box, and a few other differences. If the ECU was correct, I think it all would be. Do0n't forget the TRD kit is a US domestic part, not worldwide. I had exactly the same problem, and the belt was noisey as all...