Search results

1. earthman

1UZ into my Off-Road Long Travel Tacoma

Hey Smitherz, great to see the beast finally roadworthy! The attention to detail really seems to have paid off. Have you taken it off road yet? how does it go in the dirt?
  2. earthman

Hey Smitherz, great to see the beast finally roadworthy! The attention to detail really seems to have paid off. Have you taken it off road yet? how does it go in the dirt?
  3. earthman

Wanted exhaust manifolds

Hey Mate, I'll have to check but I may have a crown log manifold for one side (right, drivers side) if you need it. PM me for details if you like. Also have a full pair of Celsior manifolds, if you like, but these are a bit longer and may not be what you were after.
  4. earthman

Reincarnation: 1uzfe reanimates 4runner with impending flatline

POST ENGINE INSTALLATION: Alloy air filter box While the VN Commodore air filter box I modified with some fibreglass was adequate, it looked messy, I sort of regarded it as temporary and I was never entirely happy with it. So about 8 months ago I had a bit of spare time so measured up the...
  5. earthman

POST ENGINE INSTALLATION: More heating issues and a solution In the summer of 2009-2010 the engine tended to get hot, even with the three smaller fans pulling air through the alloy radiator, the bonnet scoop tried backwards and forwards, front bash plate on and off, etc etc etc. It...
  6. earthman

POST ENGINE INSTALLATION: Transmission There was a leak from the transmission main seal around about the same time as the alternator issues. It started slipping really bad. When I checked the dipstick it was bone dry. Because of the slipping I anticipated there may have been some damage...
  7. earthman

Hi Guys, Apologies for my absence, it has been a Looooong time since I have visited or posted. Life kind of got in the way of visiting. I have not been idle though. I have done some more mods to the vehicle which I will post details of here but at the moment I am restoring the images in this...
  8. earthman

1uz sump for 92 4runner

You could try Australian 4wd Insurance (DGA Insurance). They will insure it as long as everything has been engineered and is leagal. http://www.dgainsurance.com.au/4wd.htm Cover for imported 4x4s Australia-wide coverage for drivers 25 and over No exclusions for modifications A new vehicle if...
  9. earthman

A miss and a stall, a bodgey idle and a big puff of smoke

Yeah, mine still has the old V6 pump too and it works fine with no issues. geez.... don't know.... sticking or loose throttle cable tension maybe?
  10. earthman

A miss and a stall, a bodgey idle and a big puff of smoke

Hmmmm..... this is purely a guess, but if it is struggling when revving high could that be a fuel pressure or fuel starvation issue? Maybe the pump or relay? what sort of pump is it?
  11. earthman

POST ENGINE INSTALLATION: Replace ECU water temp sensor While chasing down the cause of the above idling issues I swapped out the ECU water temp sensor. This is on the right hand side of the front water-bridge that crosses between the two heads. It requires a 14mm deep socket to remove...
  12. earthman

POST ENGINE INSTALLATION: Alternator Issues About 10 months after the engine installation the motor began to have a few idling issues. My idle bottomed out (and bounced between 400 and 800) when slowing down and stopping at traffic lights etc for about 2 months. Very strange symptom. Could...
  13. earthman

G'day Bushwhacker, How's it going? Yeah, I was wondering that myself. There are even some pictures that are not mine that have appeared on here. Since the Lextreme site's big crash all my pictures have disappeared so I think it had something to do with that. I know the administrators and mods...
  14. earthman

BODY MODIFICATIONS: Front bash plate The standard factory bash plate on these vehicles is made of mild steel about 0.8mm thick and does not stand up to much punishment. It is adequate and serves a purpose protecting the frontal area, but it gets beat up and bent pretty quick once you take it...
  15. earthman

Anyone fitted an Engine Oil Cooler to a 1uzfe??

FYI, the oil circuit on a 1uzfe....
  16. earthman

Water Wetter For Coolant! Work?

What about an engine oil cooler and remote filter setup? Cooler engine oil running over the cams, rods and crank may help to draw away some of the heat out of the block as well as keeping your oil down to safe operating temps at the same time. I hope Cobber and gloverman don't mind me...
  17. earthman

Anyone fitted an Engine Oil Cooler to a 1uzfe??

Some great replies and links here guys, giving me plenty to think about, thanks!!! XR8tt, I did think of putting fins on and extending the sump and that would have been ideal but because of clearance issues with the steering stabilizer this was not an option. Cobber: thanks for the pics...
  18. earthman

Mate, you have ripped that thing open like a coke can. I think you like your whiz-bang grinder a bit too much! With the way you are going you could stick some big hinges on the front end and turn the whole thing into a clamshell style bonnet. You'd have unhindered access to everything then.
  19. earthman

Hey man, thanks fort the infomercial. You make me want to get a new grinder!!! Are you going for Metabo sponsorship? I like the incidental product placement in the photo too!! LOL:D