Search results

1. 3

VVTi into MX5 (Miata)

hi - i have done a 1uzfe supercharged into a na miata about to do a 3uzfe (or 1uzfe) into a nb miata do have any pics of your build ? what gearbox ? the shifter looks spot on what mods to achieve that ?
  2. 3

to boost a 3uzfe vvti or not ?

all righty broad question for sure - some background I know the early motors are stronger - I had one in a previous project with a bullet supercharger kit on it I am leaning towards a 3uzfe vvti for the heads / intake manifold and small increase in capacity it will be mated to a manual...
  3. 3

New, tring to put a 1uz in a miata

It will be awesome I put a supercharged 1st February into a 1991 mx5 Do it !
  4. 3

Cast Aluminum Rear Drop Sump for 1UZ

i say go for the sumps - make them cheaper than the crs ones and make them hold a bundle of oil - like 8 or more litres plenty cars need a rear sump and oil pickup solution - i know the mx5/miata v8 swap crowd would be excited about an easy to get rear sump to drop a 1uzfe into the mx5 - I know...
  5. 3

Parts richwood supercharger kit for 1uzfe

550wnm 250wkw
  6. 3

hi petetas please clear your pms i cant send you a message
  7. 3

it is a nice setup i love the supercharger urge and noise i dont want to split up otherwise i think i will lose all value completely
  8. 3

ok here you go for pics on the car heres what you would get the supercharger, the idler pulley, the top plate of the manifold, the lower half of the manifold, the bypass valve, the throttle body, the back chamber of the supercharger, the idle control valve block off plate, various nuts and...
  9. 3

I am parting out the expensive bits on my mazda mx5 powered by a 1uzfe boosted by the supercharger I have an auto rotor opcon 3150 supercharger - just rebuilt when I bought it from richwood, this comes with the bypass valve / throttle body / tps / lower manifold / upper plate and the idler...
  10. 3

Ignition Timing question

just push the SRC button a few times - it should cycle FM - AM - CD - AUX or just FM - AM - CD etc
  11. 3

Ignition Timing question

pleasure, the other thing you can do if the radio doesnt have an aux input is get one of those fm modulators they all over ebay - they plug into the cig lighter - accept an mp3 input which is now the knock sensor and then transmit on fm I have bolted my knock sensor all over the place...
  12. 3

Ignition Timing question

Hi - I normally tune subarus but on ym 1uzfe I have the copper pipe installed under the headers to one of the bolts on the engine mount to block I did try listen to each bank but then gave up and am using the passenger side bank I have also used the threaded holes towards the front of the head...
  13. 3

Ignition Timing question

I use a set of ear muffs / ear defenders / ear protectors, then I buy a piece of copper piping normally found in the plumbing section, make a length about 8 - 10cm long, flatten one end about 2cm in a vice drill a hole through there - this will be bolted to the block, then get some silicon...
  14. 3

Ignition Timing question

you need to listen for knock with your ears make up a set of det cans the knock sensos listen for a certain frequnecy of sound - that sets up a voltage the ecu determines that voltage on a pin = knock (super simplistic) trust your ears i bet its not knock can you adjust the sensitivity of the...
  15. 3

Standalone ECU attn all megasquirt users - what crank pickup did you use ?

megasquirt actually has a specific setting for the lexus twin dissy motor and a number of people have used it sign up on the megasquirt forums msinfo.com i think and start reading there its a damn awesome ecu i have to say
  16. 3

Devices to convert the 1uz into Waste Spark?

I was quite happy to use the std stuff but it all needed to be replaced - only had one coil, no ignitors and the caps were cracked along with pitted rotors and damaged wires - would of cost me as much to replace as the msd box to get oem going again - so easy choice to go cdi
  17. 3

Devices to convert the 1uz into Waste Spark?

I removed the std distributors - fitted a 4 sets of double ended coils from a mazda miata 2 pairs per bank mounted on 90degree ally bits on the front of each bank (oem used wasted spark) - then fitted a MSD DIS 4 to fire the coils - then I fitted a EMS PRO SPECTRE ECU - which is a fully built...
  18. 3

What fuel pumps to use, and in-line or external?

yip those black foam things as you describe them do a remarkable job of quietening a whinebro down - fitted a few to scoobies here in SA and it makes a difference and even with a fuel brew of toluene and xylene they stand up to it just fine
  19. 3

What fuel pumps to use, and in-line or external?

every aeromotive pump i have heard was LOUD ! get a genuine walbro not a chinese take off and get a genuine walbro sock to quieten it down
  20. 3

Help removing harmonic balancer pulley

the starter motor didnt do it in my case - it would lift the front of the car up (damn light mazda to blame for that) I havent tightened it up past a good shoulder nip - after its been on the engine a while it seems to tighten itself up - as it takes way more effort to take off than put back -...