Search results

1. F

Thanks Lextreme!

David, we received the Lextreme T-shirts you sent Arnout and me. Thx !!! We are now thinking of getting you a nice T-shirt from Amsterdam...something like this ?
  2. F

How restrictive is the stock 1UZ inlet manifold ?

Guys, now that we are building the 1UZ, we moved to shim under bucket with upgraded springs with the right lbs needed etc etc....so we dont expect "valve float" at high rpm....target rpm +/- 8000. First we will try the stock cams and see what figures we get... Now i am wondering if the stock...
  3. F

Project Thread LS 400 Single Turbo

Guys, in this topic I will post the progress we are making on my '96 LS 400. My car is being built by Arnout @ www.supras.nl Slowly we are getting all the parts to finally start building, but sofar the list of modifications is: - Turbo T88 34d - 60 mm Wastegate Tail V-Band - Boostlogic Built...
  4. F

Customs LS400 Exhaust

Guys, we are making a custom exhaust for the '96 LS400, so the T88-34d can breathe properly.... For the exhaust pipes I am looking at something like this (2 oval pipes): Does anybody have ideas about other looks ?....maybe 4 exhaust pipes like the AMGs ?...but how will this look on the LS ...
  5. F

Ford Mustang Wheels

....will Ford Mustang wheels fit an a LS400 (´96) ? Looks like they have the same bolt pattern, 5x114.3... If so, does anybody know where I can find some nice 19'' Mustang wheels, that clear big breaks ?...(eg.19x9 and 19x10.5)..... Company/person must be willing to ship to Europe.... Thx!
  6. F

2nd gen LS400 questions

Guys, for our `96 LS400 (2nd gen ucf20) we will initially go with the stock cams and stock transmission (A341e)....After braking the weak stock rod, the block itself will now have upgraded pistons, rods, injectors etc...so cams and transmission will be the limiting factors. My questions are...
  7. F

Ported 3UZ heads

Guys, wanted to share with you the progress on the 3UZ engine. The heads have been ported: CP pistons are on their way, so slowly everything progresses...
  8. F

3UZ: optimal header

Guys, for my 3UZ engine I want to know what the "optimal" header configuration could look like (optimal flow etc. etc.).... On the 1UZ from my brother we connected the drivers side header with the passenger side header and moved on to the turbo. This was done because we wanted to keep the AC...
  9. F

1UZ Turbo + stock ecu: idle problem

Guys, the 1UZ LS400 with T88 is finally running! Since we progress on the rwhp stage by stage we kept the stock ecu to begin with. The T88 is currently only making 3-4 psi on "full" boost with AFR 10-10.5 so enough room to increase boost. We also use a Virtual exhaust system and external...
  10. F

LSD Diff options on a LS400

Guys, we are rebuilding the diff on a '96 LS400 (UCF 20)...this is not the same as a '91 LS400 diff. The Torsen diff doesn't fit in the "clock".... We are thinking of changing the subframe to a 97 LS400 (vvti), which equals the Supra subframe... Anybody knows which other lsd-diff does fit...
  11. F

Offset in Pistons

UZ-fans, while looking at the new aftermarket pistons i was told there are 4 "left" pistons and 4 "right" pistons...because of the 2mm offset in the pistons.. Can anybody please explain why this is done....and I guess because of this we can't order 8 similair pistons (with no offset)...? Thx !
  12. F

1UZ questions

Hello UZ-fans ! I have some questions about the 1UZ engine. We bought a LS 400 (1996)with engine code UCF 20 (we also have a 3UZ (2004 LS430) block that is currently being built to handle 1000hp, so 2 projects :-)). Questions: - The engine code UCF20 means that we have the "weaker" rods, right...