Search results

1. Tuf Lux

1999 1UZ Toyota Hilux

Sorry for the late reply, forgot this thread existed anymore after I started the forced induction build. When we originally done the conversion on mine it wasn't too much of a dilemma. It fitted within main roads capacity limits, etc and was pretty straight forward on that part. But I have been...
  2. Tuf Lux

1uzfe uprated crank

Is there any particular reason you want to replace the standard crank? It is a forged steel item that has been used very successfully into numerous high hp combos.
  3. Tuf Lux

Project Thread Harrop HTV1900 Supercharger (Eaton TVS) 1999 Hilux Project

Hey Nathan. Sorry for the delay. I have an aftermarket balancer which is a different size to standard, so I measured from approx the centre of the balancer bolt to the top edge of my 65mm blower pulley. Which is a distance of around 490mm. Hope that is of some help to you. What vehicle/setup...
  4. Tuf Lux

1UZ converters Brisbane

Are you looking for a business or someone private to do the conversion? Bullet Cars at Yatala have been involved with Hilux/1UZ conversions before if it's any help. Probably not too cheap of an option, just depends what your budget is.
  5. Tuf Lux

Twin turbo UZ ST185

Nice, should be a good match for the car. What size rubber are you planning to wrap them with?
  6. Tuf Lux

Anyone know where David, aka lextreme, is??

Glad to hear you got it all sorted out. As for head studs, they might be a bit more difficult. I know Bullet up here stock the ARPs but at $480, they are prob a tad pricey for a stock rebuild? Best bet may be to track down the ARP p/no and contact some of our local performance suppliers (VPW...
  7. Tuf Lux

Anyone know where David, aka lextreme, is??

I'm not sure how these compare price and quality wise to what you ordered. But if you have no luck receiving the ones you purchased, I used a set of ACL seals which I brought from the guys in the link below if it is of any help to you...
  8. Tuf Lux

Twin turbo UZ ST185

Jeepers, that's a big girl! People are going to start thinking you are trying to compensate for something with all these big toys of yours :p
  9. Tuf Lux

Project Thread Supercharged 1UZ celica

Awesome. I'm quite a fan of the Kenne Bell blowers, especially the sound of them, haha. Have actually been looking into them myself. Especially after seeing the great results guys have been having with the Liquid Cooled cases on all the late model V8 falcons here.
  10. Tuf Lux

Project Thread Supercharged 1UZ celica

Looking the goods Justen. Should certainly liven things up a bit hey? May I ask what make and size supercharger that one is?
  11. Tuf Lux

1UZ into HT Ute

It certainly is, timing and boost will be your new best friends :D Guess it all depends on your setup and future plans. I went big all round with my fuel system to be safe, as well all know about the constant want for more. I went with Injector Dynamics 1000cc. The ID's seem to be the pick of...
  12. Tuf Lux

1UZ into HT Ute

Yeh, seen that one, certainly done a job of it. Was it the only other one? Definitely won't regret the move to E85 as I'm sure you have heard plenty of times, magical stuff. How come you chose to opt for the glide instead of something with 3 gears?
  13. Tuf Lux

1UZ into HT Ute

Ouch! Any of the other rods look to be damaged/bent? So what are the plans now, just going to replace it with another stockie?
  14. Tuf Lux

Shims needed,Australia

Have you tried contacting any of your local engine reconditioners? If not, these guys should be able to help you out. http://www.precisionshims.com.au/a/Precision-Shims-Australia
  15. Tuf Lux

Yeh, mine works out fairly similar. Supposed to be around the 600rwhp mark with the bit extra weight in mine.
  16. Tuf Lux

Haha, yes that is a bit of an expensive problem of mine, can't have one without the other. I run the same tyres at the drags as what it gets driven on the street with. Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials 265/40/18 Well on the dyno it made 511rwhp. But, that is through the automatic with the...
  17. Tuf Lux

:D Thanks for that champ. Very much appreciated. That's the first time I have got to see a decent video of it running. Good to see James there too, haha. Did he have much to say?
  18. Tuf Lux

Thanks Millsi. Good to have finally met you in person. I'll post up some details and new pictures in here of the latest changes when I get a chance too.
  19. Tuf Lux

Twin Turbo 1UZ 1970 Ford Capri street/strip car

Great to see you guys have finally made the switch into the radial world. And to watch that video, you can barely even tell the difference. Can definitely call it a streetcar now it's running the radials, full exhaust and pump fuel. The new X275 class certainly seems to be gaining a lot of...
  20. Tuf Lux

1UZ into HT Ute

Found a cool little feature of your ute in this video I thought you might like. Starts at 5:04 in. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6FVjq5ADJ9w#!