Search results

1. P

Whipple W200AX?

Is it possible to fit a W200AX under the hood of a SC400/Soarer with a richwood manifold? Also what type of power would I be looking at with 6-8psi? And running those psi's do I need to drop compression or just add normal stuff like ecu, fuel pump, injectors, FPR and go to the dyno. I would...
  2. P

How do you prep your 1UZ to hold High boost?

Over the next couple of months I am prepping my 1UZ in my SC4 to get some sort of Forced induction. I am really leaning towards Twin screw whipple supercharger running about 18-20psi of boost. Whats the best way to hold this type of power. Looking for 450-500 rwhp on my SC4. Yes I know its...
  3. P

Wanted WTB Ross Piston's

Looking for a set of ross 8.5:1 CR pistons. Used is fine as well. PM me with the price. Thanks
  4. P

Look at what Philly Just won1

It has begun:veryhappy All those M3's, camaro's firebird and other chumps will be like :wtf: When they see the SC400 Badge http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8044211970&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1
  5. P

300-350rwhp

Can a eaton M112 or M90 get a SC400 to 300-350rwhp. Or should I just go with a single T60-T61 with low boost. Either way compression will be Lowered with ross pistons. Friend keeps telling me to keep it simple because the 1UZ's computer controls to many things on the car. My main goal is to be...
  6. P

Hard Steering

Yes I did search. Cant get a definate answer. I rebuilt my power steering pump about a month ago becaus it was leaking and killed my alternator. Replaced alt and rebuilt pump with gasket set from toyota. After putting it all back together and bleeding the heck out of the system I finally had...
  7. P

Twins?

Still cant decide on twins that are not Garrett GT series. The price of the garretts are hard to swallow for an intial setup? Looking to be economical, Maybe master power or Holset. Or ebay turbos I just need to know the specs of twin. Straight t04 will fit in the SC400 you think? Or a T3/t4...
  8. P

Pieces of the puzzle for a V160

Alright fellas I need your help. I need to figure out what pieces to use when trying to swap the SC4 to a V160 6speed. These are the things that are need that I know that are rarely mentioned, And what i Need to know is what car to get them from so I can press ahead for with swap Spigot...
  9. P

Size of the V160

Does anyone know if the V160 is the same size physically as the R154 or W58. Because I want to put it in my SC400 without modifying my transmission tunnel on my SC400? Any help is appreciated
  10. P

Holset Turbo's

Been reading around other car forums and was wondering what you guys opinions on Holset turbo's? And does anyone know where to find the maps for there turbo's? Thanks
  11. P

Cooling Facts?

In preping for FI for my 1uz SC4 and in lieu of lextreme's overheating "head cracking" demise. I have really been trying to sort through threads and see whats all the best and most needing things in preparing for a Twin/Single Turbo motor as far as cooling goes. I think it would be cool to have...
  12. P

Topn Speed?

Say I wanted to achieve a 170-180mph top speed in a SC400. Is it possible? I mean I will have a an R154, 1UZ( Stock rev limit 6300rpm), ANd I am undecided on whether to keep stock 3.9 gears and and LSD, Supra 4.27 will make me lose top end or Supra 3.2(Not Sure) a lose some quater mile quickness...
  13. P

How Do you size Twins Correctly?

Just wondering. I understand How to read compressor Maps for single turbos and How to size them correctly for my SC400 1UZ. But I dont know how to size twins using compressor maps. Looking for 500-6oowhp from a 1UZ. I dont know what Turbo's to choose. They dont have to be Garrett GT Ball Bearing...
  14. P

Looking for R154

Does anyone know where to find a Soarer R154 MANUAL Tranny at? They are very hard to find. I am looking for that and a few other bits for a manual swap. Any help is very much appreciated
  15. P

Running MegaSquirtn'Spark questions.

If I was to run the Megasquirtn'Spark setup, I already know of all the basic changes I will have to make to the 1UZ. The one question I do have would will I be able to keep the stock ECU in to control speedometer. What I am trying to ask is would the Stock ECU still control other functions...
  16. P

Confused on Intercooling

I am trying to figure out what the best option for intercooling a M90 Superchargered SC400. I was seriously thinking about Air to water but I dont completely understand it. 1) Do you have to have a different water supply than the radiator? And if so What type and sized storage tank is needed...
  17. P

Intake runners

Does anyone know where I can source any intake runners? They are for a 1UZ they can also be precise or very close. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  18. P

Supercharger cleareance?

Supercharger clearance? Can anyone tell me how many inches of clearance there are on a SC400/Soarer with an eaton M90/M112/MP112. Thanks again.
  19. P

Changing starter Location?

Is it possible to change the location of the starter? I read on planetsoarer somewhere that if you removed it the engine goes limp? Why? And if its because of the ECU, I am planning on going full stand alone so this should not concern me? Thanks alot. This is for a supercharger project.