Search results

1. K

Parts F/S Vortech V-2 S-trim SQ

Perfect for supercharging an SC400. Will also include an LS400 fan bracket which is needed to bolt on the "fish" bracket. Will post some more pics later tonight. Also know that my car is supercharged with a Vortech and I have all the knowledge needed to make it work. I have measured bolts...
  2. K

Gone COP, runs good....but.........

........I have a pretty bad miss between 2800-3000 rpm. Anything above or below is fine. Adaptronic e420c ECU. Wasted spark AEM 30-2820 http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/productdocs/manual30-2820TwinFire.pdf Accel Ford super coils BKR7E plugs gapped to .035 Wired in as per the...
  3. K

Vortech Supercharger wastegate idea

Somewhat built 1uzfe V8. So I'm about to upgrade my little V-9 F trim with a V-2 Si trim. The V-2 moves way more air and is capable of 22 psi (get 12 psi out of the V-9 on a good day). I don't know that my motor is quite capable of holding 22psi. Thread here ...
  4. K

Time to get serious (supercharged SC400)

Short history: Bolted a Vortech V-9 F trim supercharger on my 95 SC400 in late 2007. Since then have made a ton of modifications, slowly improving power as well as 1/8 and ¼ mile times. Mid 2011 I finally (after several hundred track runs on a high mileage mostly stock V8) did some damage to...
  5. K

Parts Adaptronic to SC400 wire loom

Wired this for my car but have made a new custom loom for my new motor, elimated the ECU plugs all together. This was wired for my setup on my 95 SC400. This may need some re-wiring depending on you setup of course. It's a bit long but will fit under the stock ECU cover. The ECU side connector...
  6. K

Parts Adaptronic to SC400 wire loom.

Wired this for my car but have made a new custom loom for my new motor, elimated the ECU plugs all together. This was wired for my setup on my 95 SC400. This may need some re-wiring depending on you setup of course. It's a bit long but will fit under the stock ECU cover. The ECU side connector...
  7. K

Ross pistons

Hey guys, Need some help. I've been searching and have found nothing despite the fact that there are quite a few on here with Ross pistons. Question is about the 8.5 compression 3.465 bore pistons, part number 99733. Have those with 20 over pistons overbored the block or installed new...
  8. K

Need advice (and maybe a motor) PART 2 - BOUGHT A MOTOR

Hey all. So after going down a dragstrip with too much timing I have 2 cyls with low compression. I think its either the rings or the lands. I'm definately losing pressure into the crank case and it smoke quite a bit if I push it at all. I bought a used motor to build since the car still runs...
  9. K

Parts MaftPro - Injectors - FMU - Plugs - K&N Filter

Hey all, just some stuff I need to get rid of and maybe somebody else needs! Prices are with shipping within reason. 1. MaftPro fuel computer $275. Now $250! Will work on just about anything I imagine. I had it on my 95 SC400 for a couple of years (and 12psi of boost) to control fuel and it...
  10. K

Need advice (and maybe a motor)

Went to the track today. Horrible experience all around. Took me an hour to get through the damn gate it was so busy. Made 1 pass, 12.2 something. Had added some timing. Was pinging a bit so I let off a little around half track. Was not running right when I parked it. Missing a bit. Decided...
  11. K

Supercharged SC400 - 12.088 @ 114.98mph on video!

Best run of the day was 12.069 but this is the only one I got on video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5kSz6s0xog&feature=feedlik Still trying to get 11's. Still running a bit rich with the Adaptronic but getting close. Not dyno tuned. KC
  12. K

Tuning for launch control...

So I am still attempting to break the 12 second barrier with my car LOL. For anyone following along I've managed a best of 12.04. I have run a few times (1/8 mile) since putting in an Adaptronic ECU but have had a few issues, I think I finally have it all sorted out and would like to give...
  13. K

Broke my rear! LOL.

Injured really, not broken. Ran the 1/8 last night and was having traction and technical issues all night. On my last run I spun the tires through most of 1st gear and my rear end was growling afterwards. Took it apart today and found nothing obviously wrong with it. Took out the Torsen...
  14. K

Standalone ECU Getting vehicle speed readings to an aftermarket ECU info...

Not sure that this info will do anyone any good at all but I have learned a few things in the process of getting a speed signal from each wheel to my Adaptronic e420c ECU so that I can use traction control and launch control and I thought I would share. Note that this info is based on my 95...
  15. K

Standalone ECU Going Adaptronic thread!

So after so long running on the stock ECU I have finally decided to go with a standalone. This is partially based on my last few track runs where I was losing fuel at the top of the RPM band. I’m still not sure what was happening but I think I was either putting too much fuel pressure on the...
  16. K

Some rambling, questions and need advice. Considering an EMS.

Hey guys, need some input. Warning: LONG READ….LOL. First, for anyone not familiar with my setup: 95 Lexus SC400. Stock motor, original as far as I know. Haven't even had a valve cover off. Supercharged with a Vortech V-9 running about 12psi. MaftPro piggyback, NO MAF sensor, GM 3bar. 315...
  17. K

Would I benefit from a larger throttle body?

Something I've always wondered. I have a Vortech supercharger. The outlet of the supercharger is 2.5 inches so I have 2.5 inch pipe run for a bit, then stepped up to 3 inch to fit the stock throttle body. A 3inch inside diameter hose coupling fits snugly over the stock (70mm bore?) throttle...
  18. K

Knock sensor wire part number?

Have a knock sensor code on my 95 SC400. Would like to replace the sensors and the sub harness that connects them to the main harness. But, my local Lexus parts department is stupid and can't find the sub harness. If anyone knows the part number that would be great. Thanks, KC
  19. K

New best 1/4 mile - SC400!

I'll go into more detail later and post the slips but went like this. RT -.015 oops, trying to get the triple 0's. 60 ft - 1.788 330 ft - 5.056 1/8 - 7.754 1/8 mph - 90.12 1000 ft - 10.1 1/4 - 12.063 1/4 mph - 115.2 It has 11's in it. If I would have duplicated the 7.703 I ran a few months...
  20. K

New best 1/8 and 1/4 times

On 9/10 I ran at Mooresville dragway (1/8 mile track, date is wrong on slips). Best was 7.874. Last night I ran at at Darlington dragway (1/4 mile track). Best was a 12.516 with an 8.058 1/8 mile time. Haven't scanned the slips yet. My car was not running nearly as good last night at...