Search results

1. S

Dyno results on Kelford cams

Didn't feel like starting a new thread, but does anybody know if the Kelford cams can swap in without swapping out the ECU as well? Does it matter if they're for both VVT and non VVT-I engines alike?
  2. S

Lextreme Cams?

What are TBE cans?
  3. S

Lextreme Cams?

I have a 1UZ with the Stage-II Lextreme camshafts and after taking the engine apart for piston work, the engine runs rough. Is it possible that the Lextreme camshafts are supposed to be offset?
  4. S

Do I need an new ECU?...

Well, this sucks. Any recommendations on ECUs for N/A builds? Is there anything else I would need to do besides the ECU and tune?
  5. S

Do I need an new ECU?...

Short story: My 1UZ non-VVT has been built up with 12:1 pistons, high-lift cams, oversized valves, and exhaust manifolds. I thought the stock ECU would be able to handle it, but I learned the hard way that it couldn't and now the car doesn't run well at all. Do I need a new aftermarket ECU...
  6. S

Looking for high comp pistons

hmm...not really looking for FI. As I said, I want to bump up compression. Should I be worried about valve clearance if my valves are over-sized?
  7. S

ouch...how'd you manage to do that?
  8. S

Valvetrain is ported, polished, over-sized, sprung, and cammed. I'm feeling pretty good there. Rod bolts...is it the rod bolts themselves or threading? Would upgraded bolts say ARP keep the rod from lodging itself somewhere it doesn't belong? I don't want to drop $1000-$2000 on a rod kit...
  9. S

I don't have intentions on boosting it at least until the next time I take the motor apart. So the stock post-95 rods are no good at holding say 7500rpm?
  10. S

I'm also in the boat looking for high-CR pistons. If anybody can recommend a good source, that would be great. Also as a side question, should I upgrade the rods, too if I am looking for something <400hp?
  11. S

Parts 1uz harness and ecu $200

Also interested in the harness.
  12. S

Help me choose Cams

I've yet to be sold on regrinds. I hear too many stories of lobes being squared off or the material being nicked or pitted.
  13. S

Help me choose Cams

Okay, so I finally ran into some money and I've been thinking about a cam upgrade. As far as I know, Kelford are the only ones that I know of that readily provide drop in parts. Taking a look at their selection, I've been wanting to go with their set with these specs: i: 298 / e: 298...
  14. S

Parts EATON M112 Supercharger Set up + bullet manifold

I'm interested, but I need to know what exactly is included in this "kit"
  15. S

Wanted WTB: SC4 Cats

Here is a picture of the main cat I have on hand. I don't have the two precats. It'll be a little tricky to weld new pipes on there, but far from impossible.
  16. S

Wanted WTB: SC4 Cats

I just have the main cat. The precats got lost in the shop after the new headers were installed.
  17. S

Parts HTV1900, Bullet Manifold & W/A Intercooler

AUD? Too rich for my blood. I'll keep an eye on this thread, just to see if it goes.
  18. S

Convince me to stay NA

I've been looking for a good FI kit or a someone to that can fab one. :( NA takes money and commitment to make any decent power.
  19. S

Convince me to stay NA

OBX ITB for $840 I'm REEEALLY tempted... :( http://www.rsaperformance.com/obx-itb-individual-throttle-body-toyota-1uz-1uzfe-v8.html
  20. S

SC'n my SC400

Hey guys, I'm also looking to strap on a roots-type charger on my 1UZ. Are there any water meth kits that you guys recommend?