Search results

1. M

Parts 1UZ ECU 89661-40430 and Power steering pump (NZ)

Hi all, I have the following for sale: 1UZ ECU (Crown) 89661-30430 (working) $100NZD 1UZ power steering pump (attached reservoir type - no leaks) $75NZD Prefer to post within NZ, but happy to arrange something. PM if interested. Cheers, Nick (Muzza) Murray
  2. M

Cars For Sale For sale (NEW ZEALAND): 1995 Toyota Hilux 2WD Lexus V8 SR5

Hi all, after 5 years, I've decided to sell my Hilux. My fiancee and I are getting married in a few months, and we'll be needing some spare cash to pay the (ridiculous) costs for the wedding. Here's a link to the auction (New Zealand)...
  3. M

1UZRX7 Shakedown at Ruapuna

Hi all. We took the 1UZRX7 to the track for the first time last Friday, to iron out any bugs and get the car set up properly. The car went well and felt pretty good. There's an interesting vibration coming from the rear once the car reaches about 110Mph, the source of which we need to identify...
  4. M

To paint or not to paint?

With the RX7 finally finished we're debating whether to paint the beast. On my last 1UZ project, I found that after I painted the car, I was too scared to really use it, for fear of chipping the paint, or of some twit in the carpark opening their car door into it. The options are: Leave...
  5. M

super small car battery

hi everyone. we're putting a new battery in the project RX7 and came across a small sealed battery that this crowd are selling for street applications: http://www.batterydirect.co.nz/vertex_drycell_battery.htm Another company selling the same thing rebranded...
  6. M

Christchurch Meet?

Hi all, we're looking at having a meet up in early 2008. Let us know if you're keen: So far there's: Muzza_NZ 4000GT drifty325i
  7. M

1UZ swap into Series 2 RX7

So the idea was to take a classic RX7 (if such a thing exists) and make a weekend track and show car, by adding a decent engine, brakes, and strengthening up the chassis with a full rollcage. Purists will be up in arms about bastardising a rotary powered weapon, but they’ll just have to get over...
  8. M

These 'pulse plugs' claim to increase power and efficiency, Rubbish?

Hi everyone, I was wasting time on the internet tonight, and came across these Pulstar plugs that claim to boost power and fuel economy... http://www.gizmag.com/go/7594/ This is the bit that I was curious about: "Independent testing yielded impressive results - fuel economy improved...
  9. M

radiator hose(s) on custom radiator swollen and leaking

Hi all, I have a curious problem with a couple of radiator hoses on the custom radiator on my 1UZ. As you can see in the first pic, a short length of swollen hose that was leaking out of both ends - was fine one day, leaking the next. The hose clamps appear to have slipped a tooth - maybe...
  10. M

Any Lextremer(s) from Christchurch, NZ?

Hi all, I've recently moved to Christchurch from the Bay of Plenty and want to find out a bit about 1UZ friendly people and shops/wreckers etc in this fair city. I know there are loads of people down here using 1UZs in their race cars, so I figure some of them must frequent Lextreme for tips...
  11. M

I'm first in NZ

Yeah you heard me right... I'm taking pro240c's lead on this one... Muzz
  12. M

Lextreme Anthem

++++This may have been asked before, so forgive me in advance++++ If you were gonna select a piece of music that epitomises the Lextreme experience, you know like a 'Lextreme Anthem' what would you choose?
  13. M

1UZ - 2wd Hilux Engine Mount CAD files

Hi troops, I've had a few PMs about my engine mounts, so here is the cad file I've created - Autocad 2000 format It would be great if someone could convert it to PDF format and post it back here. Muzz
  14. M

kms and tweaks since conversion completion

Hi all. For those that have finished their conversions, I was wondering how many kms you've all put on your engines since completion and what tweaks you've had to do keep the 1UZ running nice. I'll get the ball rolling: Vehicle: '95 Hilux 2wd Engine: 1UZ out of '92 UZS131 KMs: 107k KMs...