Search results

1. X

abs/traction control removal from the ECU

okay so I am doing a 1uz swap into my 4runner and the engine I am using has a ABS/traction contol computer wired to the ecu.... can you just remove the traction control or whats the scoop? their are a few wires to the ecu (engine) that control the sub throttle actuater. I need some direction if...
  2. X

traction control removal questions....

okay so I am doing a 1uz swap into my 4runner and the engine I am using has a ABS/traction contol computer wired to the ecu.... can you just remove the traction control or whats the scoop? their are a few wires to the ecu (engine) that control the sub throttle actuater. I need some direction if...
  3. X

1992 4runner/surf 1UZ swap pics and solid axle swap

here is some pics of the uz swapI am doing, the block I am using to get the mounts made is a VVTI block and the engine I am using a normal nonvvti engine- however there are size differences to be considerd in the mounts between the 2 because of the head height diff. bad v6 good v8...
  4. X

Wanted WANTED - SC400 exhaust manifolds

like it says guys I need a set of factory exhaust manifolds... reasonably priced. ASAP!! Thanks.... I hope someone has an extra set they can spare. no, LS400 manifolds will not work.
  5. X

1991 LS400 traction control wiring issues

okay so I have a bastard child year of the LS400, the trac control is in the engine/trans ECU... my question is can I just leave the wires not attacthed to their sensors (clipped) or will this cause a "limp" home mode? the ABS/traction has a seperate computer too if that helps any.What is...
  6. X

2001 1UZFE VVTI High performance build

okay heres the story, 2001 1UZ VVTI engine hydrolocked-(free!) only one bad rod (broke trying to compress water) it wedged against the side of block with no damage to the block, heads, cylinders etc, I know the 98 and later rods suck anyway so heres my chance to upgrade, this engine had...
  7. X

When did the 1UZ begin to look like the 2UZ, intake valve covers etc.?

I just was given a free 4.0 from a shop that had pulled it and it had a rod through the sump (stolen, ran hard) this thing looks just like my 2UZ, I had to do a double take and read the little barcode sticker on the front of it and sure enough it said 1UZF. this things seems to weigh alot and...
  8. X

does anyone know what the new Tundra 5.7 engine model # is (like 1UZ, 2uz, etc.)?

well anyone? oh yeah where is the membership info at I need to pay up so I can post some pics.... and be cool and all.:10:
  9. X

No key to my LS400 That I just bought from a Tow yard

Okay so my lexus LS400 has finally came about (swapping the V8 into my 4runner) this was a Towed car (abandoned) they have applied for the salvage title. my dilemma is I have no key to begin to see if this car even runs or cranks over (it was abandoned for some reason?!) it will be awhile...
  10. X

18000 mile 1UZFE, where to put the money in a mild High performance rebuild

180,000 mile 1UZFE, where to put the money in a mild High performance rebuild Okay so I was able to score a 1991 LS400 and the only drawback is the mileage....180000, I am putting this and its harness into my 1992 Toyota 4runner. What should I replace/rebuild on a 1UZ? what parts can be reused...
  11. X

Parts 1991 Black LS 400 paring out all, no engine, harness or computer...those are mine!

1991 Black LS 400 parting out all, no engine, harness or computer...those are mine! Okay so there is no confusion or hard feelings I am picking this car up around the 2nd of april so I wont begin to ship or take money for parts till then. I am parting out a LS400 with tan interior and I am...
  12. X

Parts Where is the best place to post a car that is being parted out on this forum?

I will be parting out a 1991 Lexus LS400 and I wanted to know where the best place to list this... I will only pull what people want as parts are requested. I didnt know if the classifieds is where I would put this as it is scavenged away or where?
  13. X

Oil pan and sump interchangability and picture thread..... where is it?

I have searched... I think it was at the top of on of the sections...( a sticky) but I cant find it, yes I feel stupid for asking- it is somewhere obvious (or are you guys hiding this to trick a newbie?) LOL HELP! THX *B*
  14. X

Sump/pan questions

My 2uz from a 2002 Tundra has a front sump oil pan, I need a rear sump- the 100 series Landcruiser (2uz) uses the rear sump pan, my first question is is the rear sump that I found through classifieds here pretty much the same as a landcruiser rear sump? I know you may not know what the LC uses...
  15. X

S/C 2UZFE build up advice/tips?

okay heres the scoop on this one, 13000 mile 2UZ (confirmed mileage) I was able to track down a S/C (TRD) for it and I seek wisdom from those who have more 2/1uz exp. ZUFFEN has mentioned to me that the rods are an issue (I know they are weak from reading up here) thats why TRD halted the sale...
  16. X

newbie, Intro

Heya Lextremers, first off bad ass site I found it after a friend suggested i go here because of my 2UZ swap in my 80 series LC. I also recently purchased a 1992 sc400... and I didnt realize the potentila these things have- DAMN!!! I am not a big car guy myself more into the 4wheel drive...
  17. X

Wanted Wanted- Rear sump, pickup, pan.

like the thread title says I need a rear sump for a 2UZFE (all will work from what I have read) I have the front sump to trade. the oil pan is dented -I can replace if you want. will pay shipping both ways.
  18. X

Sideshow, is he still doing custum wiring?

Sideshow, is he still doing custom wiring? okay so I cant get his website up and he is the man I need to talk to (unless one of you can suggest a Tundra wiring expert) does anyone have any contact with him? Thanks, Bryan B
  19. X

Newbie, swapping a 2UZFE into an FJ80 Land Cruiser-almost finished.

Swapping a 2UZFE into an FJ80 Land Cruiser-almost finished. Hi guys new here, I am swapping a Tundra truck engine into one of my 80 series. here is a link on another forum. http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=116400I will post up pictures and details here as well, feel free to ask any...