Search results

1. RedPhoenix

Does the "Fish" clear 1uzfe MK3 Supra??

Wondering if the fish bracket will clear like the SC/LS does. Specifically with a P1SC. Matt
  2. RedPhoenix

Direction of oil flow out of the pump?

For some reason I have no idea on which way the oil flows out of the oil pump. Is it the top fitting or the bottom fitting that has the flow OUT?
  3. RedPhoenix

Lack of power, sluggish... even after a tune up.

Okay so I have been batteling this issue for the last year... Basically the car feels alright when its cold, but when it warms up, it loses all its glory and feels like a 5sfe has been shoved under my hood. I have done the following. Plugs Wires Coils Caps Rotors Injectors Fuel...
  4. RedPhoenix

HG replacement is it even worth it...

I have a 95 1uzfe getting the turbo treatment... My goal is to get a earlier 1uz and do a basic build on it later on, however for now, would replacing the HG (stock or even a 0.051 cometic) with stock bolts be worthwhile for added insurance? Or not at all...? 0.051 is stock? Would it better...
  5. RedPhoenix

Making One Serious Manifold Blanket...

Much like all turbo setups, heat is a problem. With having all these runners all over the place and frame rails with nice paint on them that will take abuse... I am looking into a serious blanket for the manifolds. Not just some auto part store wrapping... Something like a turbo blanket, but...
  6. RedPhoenix

Anyone bolt on a LS400 oil filter mount onto an SC400?

My Whiteline sway bar (Supra TT) on my SC400 fowls my oil filter and mount... Does the LS400 aluminum mount work on the chasis or is it going to hit something if I use that? Matt
  7. RedPhoenix

MK3 Supra / 1uzfe / Single Turbo Build Thread

Im not sure which spot would have been better to post my build thread... but since I already have it going on the FI section, ill copy paste the link over. http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13556 So enjoy ;)
  8. RedPhoenix

Project Thread MK3 Supra / 1uzfe / Single Turbo Build Thread

I purchased this car last year for next to nothing. Came as an original turbo/auto shell with 90K on it. The body is in really good condition despite being 22 years old. This car originally was going to be a 1uzfe/W58 daily driver... But after putting it all together, it made sense to not...
  9. RedPhoenix

China is selling Rods that look like the Lextreme/Eagle Rods....

for MORE money... Aint that just funny. http://www.maxspeedingrods.com/parts/rods%20items/toyota/Toyota%20Lexus%20Toyota%201UZFE,%202UZFE,%203UZFE%20%20Rods%20Conrods.htm Just saying... if they are going to make rods under some name that sounds shady as hell... at least make the parts...
  10. RedPhoenix

Alternator where the AC Compressor Is?

Has anyone moved the Alternator to where the AC compressor is? I would love to see what you guys came up with... Matt
  11. RedPhoenix

Manifold design... Log vs... log... ha

NEEEDDD BOOOST. In all seriousness, I was going to construct a pretty easy straight forward design on my MK3 1uz Supra. Consisting of a single HX35, I am trying to figure out if my 2nd design of a log manifold setup would be a lot more beneficial than the first. Take a look...
  12. RedPhoenix

Twin HX35's using the twin scroll or not?

As we all know, the engine bay is pretty tight in an SC400. I picked up 2 hx35's for a sick price. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/redphoenix/Lexus%20SC400/Turbo/IMG_1208.jpg I am starting to order my piping now and I was originally wanting to do the twin scroll idea, using cyl 1/3...
  13. RedPhoenix

Best way to control E-Fans on 1uz?

Finishing up loose ends on my Supra. Is there anyway to control E fans with the stock temp sensors with stock ecu? Matt
  14. RedPhoenix

What can we expect from a 2uzfe with 1uzfe rods/crank

I have the opportunity to grab a 2uzfe (non vvti) for dirty cheap with 88k miles. Knowing their weakness of lower revs and weak rods, I planned on using a 1uzfe early rods and crankshaft. What can I expect from this engine? I want to run upwards of 12-13psi on twin Holset HX35's (should be...
  15. RedPhoenix

Picture Request - Turbo with piping that runs around the rear of the engine

I am looking for pics of the few cars that are floating around on here with the turbo piping from 1 manifold running around the rear of the engine and back out to the other manifold, then to the turbo. Thanks
  16. RedPhoenix

Can I use a 95 1uzfe with a 92 harness?

As far as I am concered the difference between the 1995 and 1992 1uzfe is the rods (whch wont be affected), the EGR, and the Cold Start Injection system. Say if I pick up this local 1995 Engine, I will get he benifit of the extra 10 or whatever HP due to the rods, but, if I delete the EGR...
  17. RedPhoenix

1uzfe Turbo 350whp - A feasibile Daily Driver? Or just a bad idea?

I am working on my 1uz MK3 daily driver right now. I keep going back and forth between how I want to go with this... I want a reliable daily driver in the end. I figure if I do my own work, adding a turbo setup would not be a lot of extra money (doing it myself of course)... However, would...
  18. RedPhoenix

Parts FS: LS400 Bracket/Pulley

$100 shipped, have 2 of these for sale. PM for paypal info. Will ship overseas for $30 more... Canada/Mexico for $15 more.
  19. RedPhoenix

1uzfe + Supra I6 Tach = Signal Converter?

I want to use the stock gauges on my 88 MK3 swap. What do I need to do to convert the 1uz to read on the 6cyl tach? Im not interested in those $50+ units... I know its a few small circuits to do this. Any guidance?
  20. RedPhoenix

1uzfe - Are SC400 and LS400 engine harnesses interchangable?

Im about to pick up a SC400 1uzfe complete with a cut wire harness for $100. My local (very cheap) junkyard always has a few LS400's but never an SC400. Can I take an LS400 complete engine wiring harness and an LS400 ECU and directly bolt it onto my SC400 with no issues? If I decide to...