Search results

1. M

'90 1uzfe turbo, oil in cooling system.

I removed and disassembled the engine last weekend, and found a small defect on one of the heads. this has lead to a little lack of pressure on the gasket in this area, just around the oil gallery. I guess this has lead to my oil leakage into the cooling water. picture of the distortion...
  2. M

ok, maybe I will go for mls gasket/ arp bolts. But guess the standard size bolts will be good enough for a maximum of 600hp?? A friend running www.turbomotor.dk sell kevlar head gasket for the 1UZFE, he has told me that it's better than mls, as long as both block/head ar aluminum.. never...
  3. M

V8 turbo?

bulldog, I just explained for ya....
  4. M

V8 turbo?

you can also make the 2 sides exhaust go together in one turbo and split it into dual exhaust again after turbine. If you use the turbo on one side only, the uneven backpressure of the two sides leads to more airwlow through the side without the turbo, again leading this side to run leaner...
  5. M

Thanks for your answer, folks.. Gloveman, appreciate to hear about your findings :-) spf_lexus, they are original gaskets, engine never opened. and guess you and -nemesis- do have a point about the age, including the storing without coolant, as i mentioned earier. This migt have happend...
  6. M

thanks, xr8tt, talked to a bmw mechanic yesterday and he had seen several blown head gaskets leading to my kind of symptoms. But I haven't noticed any other having head gasket problems on their uz?? my engine was stored for a while without coolant, from time it entered the japanese wrecker...
  7. M

Hi, I've been running this 1uzf(t)e in my granvia/hiace for 30000 km and 1.5 year now as my daily driver, http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9198, and yesterday I found that there where signs of engine oil in the coolant in the radiator. It is both oil in the radiator and the...
  8. M

The true sleeper...

My sleeper.. when I'm hunting a R32 gtr.. :nana: hehe Toyota Hiace, Turboed 1UZ 400hp, 600nm.. waiting for sparetime for mapping on higher boost... :wink1:
  9. M

Project Thread Norwegian 1uzTT DriftCar

Really great work Daniel! :) Hope to see this live at "Gatebil" drifting next year...
  10. M

1uz igniton map screenshots wanted.

Hi, I'm up running with my 1UZF(t)E running megasquirt extra and toyota igniton. The engine is the early model crown engine and it got it's breathing help from a Holset HX35... But it seems like I'm running way to reatrded igniton timing, and would really appreciate to just take a look at...
  11. M

Standalone ECU 1UZFE 36-1 Trigger Wheel and Megasquirt

Got my triggerwheel today, david. Tank you, it looks good :-) Btw.. I got my UZ fired with megasquirt extra, with the original triggerwhhel wiith one tooth grinded off, but will swap to the 36 tooth wheel when I got it mapped better to gain the better resolution of that wheel. I consider tig...
  12. M

Sorry, I was a bit late, but I've sent money by paypal now.. Thank you! :)
  13. M

Project Thread My little weekend project Hiace/granvia lxh12

:arms::arms::arms: youhuu! It's alive! hehe Sorted out the problem today, reason for the ignition issue was that the tooth I cut away to get the original 12 to be 12-1 was not removed in the right way.. I only cutted away the tooth itself leaving the "tooth base" as is... so there was enogh...
  14. M

count me in as well. When do you expect shipping? usd 35 + usd 5 for shipping to Norway as well? 1. sonoramike 2. sonoramike 3. Marvelicious 4. rx7 s1 1uz 5. MR2turbo
  15. M

rydning, thanks :-) guess the fun-factor of towing the mr2 to the tracks will increase... hehe.. I will post some more pictures later, but tries to use my time in the workshop until i got the car up running... (got those pictures on my lap-top.. ) mshawari1, hehe, hope that I can see some cars...
  16. M

he he, I'm looking forward to see the reactions from others around when they try to overtake that van in frint of them... :wave: btv I have had trouble with my megasquirt setup, it seems like it just some time ignited at the right angle and some time not.. and I havent been able to get it...
  17. M

Ok, thanks for a great forum.. I've been surfing around for a while, but my 1uz has been stored until for about a month and a half ago, when suddenly the turbo of my 2L-T powered Hiace suddenly died... The thing that I got an 1uz in my garage and no replacement turbo for my 2L made the...