Search results

1. R

modding a turbo molelecular pump for forced induction use ???

I have always loved turbine engines and axial turbine superchargers. I have recently found a pair of turbo molecular pumps for sale at a price that's almost free. I started to wonder if I unbolted the turbine stage section from the electric motor drive unit could the turbine part be made to...
  2. R

Dry sumping the 1GZ

I will have to convert my 1GZ to a dry sump system to swap it into a MK3 supra. I have a plan for the pan but I am not sure how many stage pump to get. I am thinking that a 3 stage would work but a 4 stage would pull more vacuum. I have been having trouble finding any one local to me who has...
  3. R

Any one know anything about the first Whipple superchargers built by Sprintex

Looking for info about the first Whipple superchargers built by Sprintex from 1988 to 1990. Theres probably not many of them still around and most people never knew about them. But on the chance that some one hear has any knowledge of them I would like to ask a couple questions about how they...
  4. R

Machining Cams from scratch

Was wondering if any one on hear has done this before? I would like a set of performance cams for my 1GZ-FE V12 and being that there's zero after market for this engine and the machine shop I work at will be getting a 7 axis Mazak turning center soon. That machine is a twin chuck CNC with a...
  5. R

My whipple 1600AX just locked up

I was driving my supra yesterday and started to hear a noisy bearing. So a few minitus later when I got where I was going I shut the car off. When I tryed to start it again 5 minitus later to see if I could figure out what was wrong the Whipple was frozen up and would not turn. If I get lucky...
  6. R

Wanted Wanted 89-94 LS400 front left door handle

Looking for a exterior front left door handle for my LS400 daily driver. Not broken is a must, silver is a plus but color does not really matter as its my winter car and my door handle has gone to crap. They want like $60 and up for one on Ebay and was just hoping some one had one laying...
  7. R

custom made 1GZ parts list

I have started working on my 1GZ-FE engine and I will be makeing some custom parts for it. I figured since there is just about zero aftermarket for this engine I will post a list and pics of the parts I am makeing and the price in materials that each cost me to make. If any one else would like...
  8. R

what shell for 1gz swap?

I have been thinking about what I want to swap my 1GZ-FE into and due to not being able to see some of these cars in person I and unshure as to the size of the engine bay. For toyota I am. Thinking RA25 or RA28 celica, 1st or 2nd gen Soarer, MK3 supra. The celica's my first choise but the...
  9. R

1uz billet 4140 flywheel for tilton tripple clutch

I started on making a new flywheel tonight at work. I had bought 2 tilton flywheels lightly used from a nascar re builder that I get some parts from on occasion. I had been meaning to use them for mesurements to make a compatible fly wheel up for the 1UZ-FE and 1GZ-FE. One of the things the...
  10. R

Possible 1GZ project (R&D Phase)

Before I say anything about what I am thinking of trying let me just state that YES I am crazy, I know it it would be a huge money pit and it might not even work. Now on to the wackiness that is my brain. I am considering trying to swap the oil pan or part of the oil pan from a RB26DETT on to...
  11. R

"universal" Supercharger manifold

I will have to take my Whipple twin screw super charger off my supra in the next few weeks to check it out. It seemed to be making odd noises like it has a bearing going bad. If that's the case then I have to chose between rebuilding it and upgrading it. I currently have the 1600AX 1.6L and...
  12. R

IMF (old EKT) headers

I have been looking for headers for 2 years and the best option I have found looks to be the IMF stainless steel headers. They look like they are almost as compact as the stock 1992 SC400/Soarer headers I have been using. I have a 1992 SC400 engine in my LHD 1987 MA70 supra. I have the JZA70...
  13. R

cam, spring, retainer combo

I have spent days reading and searching the info on cams, valve springs retainers, shim over/under bucket, shimless buckets and now I am even more confused then I was before. I am planning on ordering a set of Kelford 207-S1 supercharged cams. Kelford says that these cams should work with the...
  14. R

1UZ swaped MK3 supra Headers

I am looking to get rid of the crappy restrictive stock sc400 headers. I am thinking of something along the lines of 4 to 1 stainless steel shorty headers that are as close to a drop in replacement for the SC400 headers. However I suck at welding so fabbing headers myself is not my first...
  15. R

scrach building a crank damper

I need to convert to 8mm htd belt drive to solve the low boost and belt slipage problems I am haveing with my whipple supercharger. The last problem in my way is the harmonic damper. I have a 54 tooth aluminum pulley for the crank but how do I attach it? As far as I have found I have 3...
  16. R

should i just get a bigger whipple or double up?

I currently am running a whipple 1600AX on my 92 1uzfe engine. I am not makeing as much boost as I had hoped (5.5 psi vs. 8 to 10). This is partly due to the tiny crank pully the 1uz has. I have considered swapping it out for the 200AX (almost $3000) or the 245AX (about $5000). I have also...
  17. R

FPR vacuume line with supercharger

I have a 93 SC400 engine and a custom supercharger setup installed in my 86.5 supra. Charger Is a a whipple 1600ax and I am down to the last few things before it goes out to the dyno. I have a megasquirt 2 ECU fro engine manigment and retained the stock ecu for the non mangement things...
  18. R

Standalone ECU Megasquirt base maps

Dose anyone have base maps for the MS2 ? Or does anyone have base maps saved as a file that i can open AKA excel or word ext. that I could you to set my base maps up so i can drive the car to the tuners for proper dyno tuning. Thanks. Brett
  19. R

1992 SC400 ECU pin out please

Could someone please provide me with the ECU pin out for a 92 SC400. I have searched the forums for hours now and it seams that any and all pictures and attachments that would have provided this are gone. I am planning a megasquirt install for this weekend and while lextreme's ECU wiring...
  20. R

1uzfe cross compatiblity

I have a question in regards to the difference between the pre 95 1uzfe and the 95 and up version. I am about to start a 1uz swap into my buddy's 1984 supra. That requires a LS400 style front sump. He bought a 95 (high compression, thiner rods, OBD2) SC400 engine. I have a 1991 LS400...