Search results

1. G

Normal running coolant temperature.

My fans are set to turn on/off at about 90 degs. I have had mine up to 110 degs a few times early on when I was running the stock radiator. I'd only start to worry once it hit 105 degs. These days with the setup I have its near impossible to get it over 98deg.
  2. G

My 4x4 hilux (93 model)

I'll rebuild it another 1000 times before I exo it. They are one of the ugliest things I have ever seen.
  3. G

My 4x4 hilux (93 model)

Yeah its been a great motor so far, only problems I have had with it have been with bits that came off the other motor. Have you seen the vids on utube Rod? There from about a year ago, its hits the 7 g in both vids, its loves it hehe.
  4. G

My 4x4 hilux (93 model)

I think this one is repairable, will know in a few weeks time when we have a proper look. Nothing will happen towards fixing it till after xmas.
  5. G

My 4x4 hilux (93 model)

Doh!!!!!!!!!!! Owell rebuild time again. It'll sit till after xmas then I'll start rebuilding it again. Oh and it rolled all the way over to its wheels again and then on to the drivers side where it came to rest. But just before this happened we drove a hole that only 1 other car drove...
  6. G

My 4x4 hilux (93 model)

I changed my diesel taco for 1 out of a 4cyl petrol hilux (see above pics) I didn't need anything to get my taco to work. It works perfect everytime.
  7. G

My 4x4 hilux (93 model)

What do you need this said booster for? I'm guessing that its for when using a diesel dash n taco?
  8. G

My 4x4 hilux (93 model)

Can't remember the trace clour of the wires but they are both factory wires (one in hilux loom the other in motor loom at the ECU) and they are both black with a colour. Just joined them together. Here is the 2nd video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfmh_sxHFXU
  9. G

My 4x4 hilux (93 model)

Went for a drive today, nothing overly hard. Here is one of the videos. Have another one (which is the better one) I am downloading atm, will post it up either tonight or tomorrow. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsxRgPWPjGw
  10. G

Factory AFM

K n N air filter
  11. G

Factory AFM

I'll keep you in mind thanks.
  12. G

Factory AFM

Sideshow, I got my cut privately. Got the 2nd AFM from a wreckers in melbourne, I'm in Albury. I installed everything myself, best mate is an auto lecky that has done heeps of gen 3's etc into show cars bla bla bla. I don't have the money to beableto pay people to do it for me, hence having...
  13. G

Factory AFM

Its mounted to body. Is a 4x4 that really gets used, look in the 4x4 section and you'll see. But its never had any dirt in it. The first AFM was dead when I got the half cut, everything on that half cut was dead or died within 50kms of getting the car going. Price on an AFM would be great...
  14. G

My 4x4 hilux (93 model)

Finally got a power steering system that I think will be reliable in all driving types. When I first put the 1uz in the hilux I didn't run a power steering cooler at all. First trip out I cooked the fluid and killed a pump. I then installed this cylinder type cooler, it worked better then...
  15. G

My 4x4 hilux (93 model)

Added some fully sick hardcore mods to the hilux a few weeks ago. I added factory cup/can holders. Also got the factory taco working with the 1uz. Since the 1uz has 2 coil packs it only needs a 4cyl taco. So I got a cluster out of an sr5 petrol hilux. Only problem with this was that my...
  16. G

Factory AFM

Anybody able to give some info?
  17. G

Factory AFM

Thats one of the reasons i opened them?
  18. G

Factory AFM

Are these prone to failing? The one that came with my half cut was stuffed and now the one I got to replace that one has died after 2 years. What would kill them? I have opened them up and there isn't really anything inside that can benift from even a good dose of contact cleaner. Does...
  19. G

My 4x4 hilux (93 model)

Some new pics and yes we drove threw from where the flex pics were taken. All went good on Saturday but Sunday was different. Smashed the low range gears to bits so had to get another t case as high range wouldn't cut it for the huge ruts and hill we needed to drive to get out and there wasno...