Search results

1. drifty325i

Blown head gasket help :)

Hey fellas, Was at my local track a few weeks back and i think i overheated my gen2 1uz during some huge battles with several M3s/XKRs/GTRs. Anyway i gave it a short cool down lap but i suspect it was ether to late or not enough to cool it down. I parked the car up and when i returned the car...
  2. drifty325i

1UZFE Getting bashed buy Chevy V8s, Rotarys and Turbo fours

Guys i NEED your help, you might of seen the My Minter website before? Well i entered in it..........but i NEED your help to make sure the mighty 1UZ wins. PLEASE DONT vote for the Trike lol hes smashing me at the moment PLEASE vote for me Search under Modified minter and im the Blue BMW...
  3. drifty325i

1UZ Skid time

Check it out i hope you enjoy :) please vote http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7qNXnMWnVQ
  4. drifty325i

BMW E30 V8 in the hills!!!!!!

ll let the pictures do the talking :) so stoked with the wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. drifty325i

1UZFE Powered E30 BACK at the track

Went out to Ruapuna again yesterday for a playday. Unfourtunitly for me my brake booster seal/diaframe blew in a warm up lap earlier in the day ( booster needs a rebuild now) so i only had man power to brake......so needless to say i had bugger all brakes but still enough to have some fun as...
  6. drifty325i

BMW E30 1uzfe Engine photos

Hi Guys, Was mucking around on the car today and thought id take some snaps for those of you who have asked for them. I have not really posted many engine pics in the past so might as well start now. I still have not got around to painting/detailing like i want to because im to busy enjoying...
  7. drifty325i

1UZFE Powered E30 at the track

Alright guys here is a video of some of the action i had at my local raceway in my 1uzfe powered BMW E30, My freind and myself in the car, He is busy talking to his mum haha, The track was bloody cold and a light drizzle as you can see but it was good for making power I tried to edit and put...
  8. drifty325i

1uzfe + w55 Diff ratio options??

Hey guys me again :) Just tossing up with changing my diff ratio. My engines revving a little high on the motorway for my liking and does not really suit a v8 in my opinion (it is allot of fun though). Currently my setup is Car is 1250kgs so its not that heavy 3.73 in 5th @110 its revving...
  9. drifty325i

Cooling issues

Hi Guys, Im still having cooling issues with my 1uzfe, Ive just fitted a big 70mm alloy radiator to my car and a decent fan but at low speeds,after a long run at idle its still getting to hot? any ideas? Its totally fine once your moving. Im even tossing up venting the hood as i think the...
  10. drifty325i

Had the V8 e30 on the track! Action ooooo year

Had an awesome day at Ruapuna (Raceway here in NZ) today, was the Lancia/Fiat club day. Alot of other cars turned up though Few Ferrari's,Lambo,Porsches,350z,TVRs,V8 RX7,Walkinshaw comordore etc. The e30 went very well I though, Had full interior and sounds subs,amps etc.Had some really good...
  11. drifty325i

1/4 Mile calculator and trap speed, very cool

Check these sites out, very interesting indeed and i feel they are quite accurate with there findings if you type in the correct info ie your excate weight and flywheel horsepower, obviously the true figures my diviate a little but i think this is pretty spot on ITS ONLY ACURATE IF YOU USE THE...
  12. drifty325i

Quick pic of the engine bay, not finished

Still got to tidy up the wiring,paint the engine,proper radiator overflow,get rid of random unused vacume pipes,tidy up powersteer pipes etc
  13. drifty325i

Whats your bhp per tonne and bhp per litre?

idea stolen from somewhere else but it makes more relevance here 1. Rileys BMW E30 V8 e30 is 271.1 bhp per Tonne and 85bhp per Litre 2. 3. 4.
  14. drifty325i

V8 BMW E30 in action

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vp5Eaf8xOgM Dont think ive posted it here? lol oh well here it is again enjoy
  15. drifty325i

Conversions all done, heres the vids!!!!!!!!!

Oh year, what you guys think? http://youtube.com/watch?v=vp5Eaf8xOgM
  16. drifty325i

Bmw E30 1uzfe dyno results :)

Well had the car on the dyno yesterday,im really happy with the results. Made 279.1 hp (The highest they have EVER :) made on a non vvti 1uz without head and cam work) Was a really hot and muggy day,and the car overheating lol (radiator needs to be bigger) had not been serviced (they forgot...
  17. drifty325i

New conversion Photos ;) exciting

Getting there fellas, still needs alot of tidying,painting and the link wired up etc
  18. drifty325i

Need a power steering pulley 1uz :) please

Does anyone have a spare 1uz power steering pulley floating around? mine is damaged and i cant be bothered fixing it. Any help would be awesome! im here in christchurch nz for you info so someone here in nz would be easyest :) cheers Riley 0273139024
  19. drifty325i

V8 Exhaust is almost done

Im really happy with how the exhaust is looking so far, full extractors,4 into 1 on each side, then onto twin 2.25 inch pipes, merging into 1 2.5inch pipe,1 high flow resonator,1 high flow rear muffler with twin DTM tips. All mandrel bent and really clean looking welds,should flow really well...
  20. drifty325i

1uzfe manual

Hey does ANYONE no where i can get a short shift kit for a w series toyota gearbox? ie, w55 w57 w58 etc the factory one is a bit to long for me . I know there is 1 on Trademe but they want $280! from memory Cheers Riley