Search results

1. B

My New Challenge

Rod its awesome news to hear you guys are playing with forgotten wrc super cars here in oz. I have always had a soft spot for intergrales but the renault 5 is too much. Good on you for keeping the originality and heritage of these super cars alive.
  2. B

1UZ into 60 series landcruiser

Looks the goods mate, should be a nice rig. A mate of mine has a 60 chopped into a ute as well, it is sprung over on 37's.
  3. B

75 Cruiser

Here are some pics from yesterday when we fitted the tray. Next job will be to fold up some mud guards.
  4. B

75 Cruiser

Cheers Evan. I live not far from you mate, up the road in Gloucester. I wish I had found you for a chat at Tuff Truck, I didn't realise you were running a 1UZ until I seen your Bundy on here.
  5. B

75 Cruiser

Don't worry Big, it will get dirty. It snows about 45mins drive up the mountain from here, so I can't wait to turn white snow brown!
  6. B

75 Cruiser

Yea I have had Holden V8's before with twin exhausts and they sound good but after talkin to people in the know they say the UZ's sound just as good through a big single, which is cheaper and after all it's a 4wd not a street machine. Tray back is now painted and ready for refitting, not long...
  7. B

my 1UZ Bundera..with issues pls help

**** I must have been drunk, I camped at TT for 3 days and can't remember seeing your rig once. Awsome bit of gear by the way, hope you get it sorted.
  8. B

75 Cruiser

Well sideshow came up on friday and completed the wiring. He did a top job and the 1UZ is now purring like a kitten (read cranky kitten). I just have to rig up the throttle cable, fill and bleed brakes and clutch, then I can go for a drive. Only main things left to do are sandblast and paint the...
  9. B

75 Cruiser

Bit of a coincidence Big, I have'nt been on here for a while. All things going well, my 1UZ will be running for the first time in it's new home this friday 8/2/08. Sideshow (a member on here), is travelling 3.5 hours from Sydney this friday to wire my conversion. Last weekend I drained...
  10. B

75 Cruiser

Hi Jib, I am running the stock Soarer manifolds. We lined the joints in the pipework up flush before welding. It isn't perfect by any means but is better than i've seen come out of some exhaust shops. After all this is a four wheel drive, not a drag car. As you say it will flow better than the...
  11. B

BJ70 to Lex Conversion

LOL, Funny you should mention the snorkel. I have been told by "Bundy", an OZ member on here that has a 1UZ in his Bundera, that when he hooked his snorkel up that the ram air effect made the air flow metre go spastic and caused the engine to cough and splutter. When I found this out I was...
  12. B

BJ70 to Lex Conversion

Sorry I can't be of any more help. Thommo did post a pic of his modded sump on Australian 4WD Monthly but he has changed his user name and I can't find it. A few other guys here in OZ are using the CRS sump, but at $600, I think I will take a chance at modding. I think you have the general idea...
  13. B

BJ70 to Lex Conversion

Hey Big, Be careful that the amount you are going to cut out of your sump does not greatly reduce your sump volume or effect the pick up. I only say this because Thommo modded his sump and the first outing saw him starve the motor and spin a bearing. His advise to me was to enlarge the sump...
  14. B

BJ70 to Lex Conversion

Well don't muck around!!! We want to hear this thing. Mine is getting wired the third week in Jan, can't wait...
  15. B

75 Cruiser

A few weeks ago my old man helped me make a start on my exhaust. I'm running twin 2.5" pipes into a single 3". Here's a pic of the front pipes.
  16. B

BJ70 to Lex Conversion

Congrats on getting her running mate. Glad your conversion has'nt dragged on as long as mine, but I hope to have mine fired up soon.
  17. B

75 Cruiser

Hi Big, I am running the stock clutch master cylinder. All I did to the intake was remove the black plastic box that hangs off the bottom of the intake elbow just before the throttle body. Everything else in that area has good clearence but you may have mounted your engine different to mine...
  18. B

75 Cruiser

Well if or when it gets knocked back I will change it. I have read on other forums that at least 2 1UZ conversions without surge tanks have had fuel surge and pump cavitation problems.
  19. B

75 Cruiser

Spent a few hours last weekend mounting my fuel surge tank and pumps. I made a bracket and mounted the surge tank on the inside of the drivers side chassis rail. I fitted an inline filter on the lift line and mounted the lift pump on top of the chassis rail. I have the high pressure pump...
  20. B

75 Cruiser

Yeah I don't know big, Yes everything in the dellow kit has bolted up good and proper, but my rig is'nt running yet and I did'nt find out about the dodgy clutches until I already had the kit. When I first looked into it both dellow and crs kits were about the same money, so I guess time will tell...