Search results

1. duza

Fly by Wire to Pedal questions

I've done some searching but got nowhere, so I hope someone can help. I'm in the process of fitting a VVTi motor into my94 Hilux. I have 2 options for the accelerator pedal. The first is to source a fly by wire pedal box from something and adapt it to the existing setup, but I have no idea...
  2. duza

5 speed auto adaptor

I've just decided to go-ahead and fit a VVTi motor into a 2000ish Hilux 4WD. Has anyone been able to adapt the output of the lexus 5 speed auto to fit onto a tranfer case. The earlier 4 speeds are easy to bolt onto a Surf auto transfer, but the output housing of the 5 speed is important for 5th...
  3. duza

Air Flow meter part numbers

I have and AFM with part number 22204 42011 which is showing a fault code. I swapped it with another one I had which has P/N 22204 42010. Vehicle seems to run well and now no codes. The wreckers seem to think they are not compatible and I need to buy the correct one. Anyone know if this is...
  4. duza

VVti Transmission question

I've got my hands on a 1uz VVti motor and 5 speed auto, which I intend to fit into a 4x4 Hilux. With my current V8 conversion it was easy to remove the rear housing from the 4speed auto and bolt it up to the Hilux transfer case. However, when I removed the output housing from the 5 speed auto...
  5. duza

Wanted Knock Sensor wanted

I'm after a knock sensor for an early 90s 1UZ. Motor was from a Celsior. I think the part number is 89615-50010. I'm in Sydney and need it quickly, so only respond if you're in Aus. Thanks, Ric
  6. duza

Wanted Block Huggers Wanted

Currently fitting a 1UZ into a 4 Runner and need some Crown block hugger exhaust manifolds. I'm located in Sydney, but happy to pay freight. Ric
  7. duza

Wanted ECU wanted.

I'm chasing an ECU from a UCF-11, 1UZ. Part No is: 89661-50170. This is for an early 90s Celsior import motor. I'm located in Sydney. Ric
  8. duza

Engine missing and crap Idle.

I've had this annoying miss on mild acceleration and also at constant highway revs pretty much since I did my 1UZ conversion. There is also an uneven idle and maybe even a slight flat spot from idle when you floor it. I have replaced all the usual suspects. Leads, caps, rotors, etc and removed...
  9. duza

Mechanic in Sydney for 1UZ

Can anyone recommend a decent mechanic in the Western Suburbs of Sydney who is an ace on 1UZ motors. I have an annoying miss under acceleration and don't want to waste money having someone not familiar with these motors experimenting with mine. There is a guy down in Botony who is supposed to be...
  10. duza

Lexus Radiator Reservoir Tank Info

I'm currently fitting the Celsior radiator to my Hilux as I have been unable to completely solve overheating problems with the 1UZ and rather than spend hundreds more on a custom radiator, I have decided to utilize the Celsior one sitting in my Shed. I will be fitting Falcon AU thermos to it...
  11. duza

Help wanted with diagnostic codes

My 94ish 1UZ has suddenly started to stall whilst driving. When I try to start it again, it tries to, then dies again. This will happen several times until it starts and off we go again. This will happen intermittently once, twice, ten times per day. It is showing diagnostic codes 15 (ignition...
  12. duza

Wanted Crown engine driven fan wanted

I am chasing an engine driven fan from a 1UZ motor. Will likely need the drive pully housing it bolts to as well. I am located in Sydney, but happy to pay freight.
  13. duza

Celsior Cruise control ECU

I have an early 90s Celsior half cut and I am trying to locate the Cruise Control ECU. I did find info in the tech section suggesting it was up under the dash next to the centre console, but buggered if I can see it. Any ideas? Ric
  14. duza

Auto kickdown problem

I'm now pretty happy with my recent conversion (92 Celsior and auto) into my 4WD Hilux. However, I've now discovered that I cannot kickdown the auto from 2nd to 1st. All other kickdowns are good, but if you're going quite slow and the vehicle is in 2nd, then you floor it, nothing happens. Any...
  15. duza

Code 41 & 47 What is the cause?

I've got fault codes 41 & 47 coming up, but can't find out what would be the cause. Motor accelerates to about 1500 RMP and then drops back to idle, but only whilst driving. It's OK when in neutral. If I really nurse the pedal, I can get up to normal speed without it dying, but as soon as I...
  16. duza

Air Flow Meter problems

Tried a search but no joy. I have noticed that if I disconnect the air flow meter plug, my Hilux has much more acceleration, particularly at take off. Could this mean the Air Flow Meter is cactus, or is something else wrong. This is only a very recent conversion and the motor is out of an early...
  17. duza

1UZ Oil Pressure figures needed.

I'm having a little trouble getting my oil pressure guage to work properly after doing the conversion into my Hilux. It used to be a 2.8 diesel and I am using the diesel sender unit, but get no reading on the gauge, so am assuming that the diesel engine has higher oil pressure than the 1UZ. If...
  18. duza

Parts Celsior Auto and Radiator for sale

Wanting to sell: 1 x A30-41LE (A341LE) auto box with Torque convertor - $300 1 x Radiator and air cond condenser complete - $100 These came out of a half cut I bought from SSS Autos for my Hilux conversion. I also have other bits from the half cut if anyone wants to take it off my hands...
  19. duza

Wanted LS400 engine driven fan

I'm chasing an engine driven fan blade from the Lexus LS400. I'm located in Sydney
  20. duza

1UZ and auto into Hilux 4wd info

I am into the process of trying to purchase a forerunner auto and transfer so I can remove the output shaft and housing and fit it to the lexus box. This conversion is to go into a 94 Hilux which has a right hand side transfer in it with IFS. I have read numerous threads on this and other forums...