Search results

1. duza

Will it work/opinions

I thought the speed limit up there was 110ks
  2. duza

Fly by Wire to Pedal questions

Don't you have a Kayak? It's not that far. Sideshow will most likely be doing the wiring when he comes down from QLD, so I'm sure he'll be able to sort it out. So, when I buy the Link, I need to also buy an External E throttle control. Is that available from the Link people? Sorry about...
  3. duza

Thanks for the info. The only thing I didn't understand was "E throttle unit". What is that?
  4. duza

[/IMG] Kelvin, Here are some photos of my TB. There appears to be a place on the end to fit a cable, but only one, but it does not directly operate the butterfly in the TB. What about my cruise control cable? Where would it go? Mark from MRC Dynos in Castle Hill has suggested I should...
  5. duza

Kelvin, 3UZs in Aus are like hens teeth still. You guys seem to have the monopoly on them. I have a 97ish 1UZ complete with wiring and security key etc. The vehicle it's going into is a 94 Hilux with independent front end. It already has an earlier model 1UZ and auto, which I fitted about 5...
  6. duza

I've done some searching but got nowhere, so I hope someone can help. I'm in the process of fitting a VVTi motor into my94 Hilux. I have 2 options for the accelerator pedal. The first is to source a fly by wire pedal box from something and adapt it to the existing setup, but I have no idea...
  7. duza

5 speed auto adaptor

That would be good, thanks, Kelvin. Ric
  8. duza

5 speed auto adaptor

I've just decided to go-ahead and fit a VVTi motor into a 2000ish Hilux 4WD. Has anyone been able to adapt the output of the lexus 5 speed auto to fit onto a tranfer case. The earlier 4 speeds are easy to bolt onto a Surf auto transfer, but the output housing of the 5 speed is important for 5th...
  9. duza

Air Flow meter part numbers

No, they may wreck your vehicle when they tow it, but in Aus, we call the Parts Dismantlers or Breaking yards, Wreckers. In this case it's SSS Automotive in Sydney who are importers of low k jap motors & halfcuts. Ric
  10. duza

Air Flow meter part numbers

I have and AFM with part number 22204 42011 which is showing a fault code. I swapped it with another one I had which has P/N 22204 42010. Vehicle seems to run well and now no codes. The wreckers seem to think they are not compatible and I need to buy the correct one. Anyone know if this is...
  11. duza

twin turbo hilux extra cab ute

I think Nemessis looked into this several years ago and decided to go supercharger instead because the turbo takes up too much room in the engine bay. We already have only enough room to fit a skinny thermo fan between the engine and radiator with the rear of the motor hard up against the...
  12. duza

1uzvvti into 4 runner unfinished project 4 sale

I bought it back in September Ric
  13. duza

1uz to patrol gearbox

This sounds expensive and time consuming. I would have thought the Nissan V8 would be a better option and it will pretty well bolt straight up. Ric
  14. duza

VVti Transmission question

Lex, Please explain? What's the torque convertor got to do with the other end of the transmission? Gloverman, I know someone who is going to fit a VVti motor into his prado, but will be using the prado auto. I can't see how you could fit the 5 speed to a transfer case without moving the...
  15. duza

VVti Transmission question

I've got my hands on a 1uz VVti motor and 5 speed auto, which I intend to fit into a 4x4 Hilux. With my current V8 conversion it was easy to remove the rear housing from the 4speed auto and bolt it up to the Hilux transfer case. However, when I removed the output housing from the 5 speed auto...
  16. duza

1st night in sunny south east qld

And it's sunny and 22 in Sydney today too.
  17. duza

1st night in sunny south east qld

Jim, Make that another one. I'll be sending my loom up to you early next week. Please PM me your address and let me know wether there will be someone home to sign for the courier. If not, where to leave the carton. Regards, Ric
  18. duza

Wanted Knock Sensor wanted

Thanks Jim, will do. Ric
  19. duza

Wanted Knock Sensor wanted

I'm after a knock sensor for an early 90s 1UZ. Motor was from a Celsior. I think the part number is 89615-50010. I'm in Sydney and need it quickly, so only respond if you're in Aus. Thanks, Ric
  20. duza

2 weeks left in sydney

Good luck Jim. I assume your mobile number will remain the same, so I'll call you when I need a loom made shortly. This could be a good opportunity for some enterprising person to take up the slack in Sydney now you're going, but I suspect no-one will. Regards, Ric