Search results

1. krayn

1uz fe vvti good or not

Sorry. My bad. Getting confused with a non vvti.
  2. krayn

1uz fe vvti good or not

With a standard set up they start falling over past 5500. so not a ot gained by reving a standard set up past 6..
  3. krayn

Merry Christmas to All

Thanks Alan, I too hope everyone has a safe and memorable time.:):):)
  4. krayn

Spark issues.

I see. So you run this in series with the circuit your testing, ie take plug lead off, plug onto this variable gap device, then from device to earth, and run engine. Ive orderd some leads today. Will have more idea after this weekend.
  5. krayn

Spark issues.

Thanks for the replies. At the moment i have gapped plugs to .030". Made it a little better when i closed the gap up a bit. Running NGK bkr7e. I think I will try and track down some genuine ones. Although im reading good reports on the NGK ones too. George. Thanks for the pic...
  6. krayn

Spark issues.

Ive replaced the coils and it still seems to mis and fart at 5000 rpm. i convinced myself its not the spark leads as we swapped them over from another engine when i was at dyno shop and it made no difference. I took all the leads off today and measured them. one was completly open circuit and...
  7. krayn

Spark issues.

Thanks fellas, I think I will probly go this way of the ls1 coil. To repair the system i have it will require new leads, caps, rotors and coils. I think i could do it for less going the ls1 coil way. Cheers Kris.
  8. krayn

Spark issues.

Hi Rod, Ones like these? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Holden-LS1-5-7L-Coil-Packs-/261692201582?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cee121a6e#ht_146wt_922 So i would also need another two ignition drivers as well. Looks like the ls1 type dont have built in drivers.
  9. krayn

Spark issues.

Thanks for that.. I only have four ignition drivers in my stand alone ecu( wolf 3d). Do you think i could pair up two of the coil on plug ls1 type and run it in wasted spark mode? Sounds messy to me... But if i had 8 ignition outputs, i would be going the ls1 coils for sure..
  10. krayn

Spark issues.

Hi all. I went for a dyno session yesterday, and it turns out i have an ignition problem. Its breaking down badly at anything over 10 psi. changed leads, still the same. At this stage im looking at replacing plugs, leads, caps and coils. Does any one have any suggestions on what is a...
  11. krayn

V8 Supra MK3 1UZ Twin Turbo from Germany - Part II

Great set up you have done. A real credit to you... Do you have any video? Im contimplating making a short runner in the next year or so, but when it come time to design, i will purchase a engine building program called pipemax. It allows you to work out optimum runner lengths to suit the...
  12. krayn

Standalone ECU E85 fuel map

Cheers that would be great..
  13. krayn

here is a wolf fuel map. its not the map for my engine.
  14. krayn

In milliseconds. Will try and post up a screen shot
  15. krayn

Yeah i doubt it wil transfere accross. I will input values manually. Its time consuming, but would like a base map to work on. Even a screen shot of a map would be great
  16. krayn

I was running 440cc before on 98. The wolf does fuel on load points vs rpm. 100% load is 28.8 psi, and around 30% is 0 psi. Below 30% is vacume. What i was after was injector pulse times at different load positions or psi at certain rpm. Say 5, 10,15,20,25 psi. Just to get a rough map in to be...
  17. krayn

1UZ into HT Ute

Paulie, Its a old wolf 3d ver4.
  18. krayn

Thanks.. I was hoping for 650 flywheel, so may not reach that goal on bottom end i have. Will suck and see. Have a few short blocks on hand. What broke on yours at 13 psi? Was this on e85? I may not need to run 20 psi to get my goal by the sounds.
  19. krayn

That would be great if ya could. I know it will be different in different setups, but just need a ball park figure to get it close. The injectors are 2100 cc and the map sensor is set up for 28.8 psi at 100% load. I aim to run at least 20 psi, but think 25 might be too much to ask of a...
  20. krayn

TT 1UZ power level issues.

I wouldnt mind betting that the motor is detonating and lifting the head. With a stock ecu ignition timing, at 20 psi it should be sounding like a tin can half full of marbles.