Search results

1. M

XF Fairmont build advice, trans and ECU questions

Hi all. Have been a member here for a long time but haven't posted in a number of years. For some reason my member name is now imported_mattmannz - not sure how that happened! Anyway, time for a new project for me. I sold my heavily modified Soarer about a year ago which at various times had...
  2. M

Boost referenced FPR for M90?

I am nearly finished acumulating all the bits and pieces that I need to get an M90 on my 1UZ Soarer. The plan is to run 6psi on stock fuelling and ECU. I have access to a dyno and will be installing an Innovate wideband sensor and gauge for when I do the first power run. Depending on who you...
  3. M

NOS or Fish?

I am looking at giving my 93 Soarer a bit of a performance boost. Above the usual BFI and exhaust there isn't much in the way of performance unless you spend big money. I sat down and priced out both options, a ZEX nitrous kit or a Fish based used Vortech V1 supercharger setup. My prices...
  4. M

130 Series Hilux/Surf gauge wiring

I have an LN130 Surf which has a 1UZFE run by a Link V4 ecu. I have installed a V6 EFI gauge cluster to get the rev counter to work. I have the factory wiring diagram which shows a black wire on one of the connectors running to the gauges so I cut it and spliced the Link wire in but no joy...
  5. M

91 4Runner radiator support panel mod

I have cut away the lower horizontal support panel brace that runs between the left and right guards above the front chassis cross member. This allows me to fit my new 16in fan correctly. I have also removed the vertical support strut between the top and lower sections. Does this...
  6. M

AC pump bolts wtd in NZ

The three bolts I got when I purchased my pump second hand are a bit grotty. Two of them don't wind into the holes very well, only one is usable. Does anyone in NZ have a set of bolts they don't need? I have cleaned them up a bit but they aren't usable. Cheers Matt.
  7. M

Dipstick tube with AC compressor

My 1UZ didn't have the AC pump on it when I got it. I am not fitting the AC pump back on to use as an onboard air source. It bolts right up but the dipstick tube fouls the back of the pump and has to be rerouted. I have the exhaust manifolds that hug the block so the tube cannot come up...
  8. M

1UZFE flywheel bolt torque specs

Anyone have any recommended torque settings for the flywheel bolts? The flexplate bolts are specced to 70nm, most V8 flywheels seem to be around 100nm. Cheers Matt.
  9. M

What pressure plate lbs??

I am due to replace my clutch and the old one had been slipping a bit due to the pressure plate being a bit light. What lb's are most people running? Stock Hilux's run about 1400, it would seem that about 2000 would be the go. How much extra effort does this place on the clutch leg? Cheers Matt.
  10. M

Intake gasket replacement after starter overhaul

I have a complete factory head gasket set and will use the intake gaskets and injector seals when I put my motor back together after rebuilding the starter. I see the factory head to manifold gaskets are a multi layer item. Is sealer needed anywhere when reassembling the injection and intake...
  11. M

Squealing idler/tensioner on startup

About 1 in 3 times when I start my 1UZFE when it's stone cold a tensioner or idler will squeal for about 20 seconds then go away. I am contemplating a front end tear down to do water pump and cambelt. I priced bits at the local auto store and they don't carry the drive belt idler or tensioner...
  12. M

How to control Toyota 343 auto?

My Surf has a 1UZFE with a Link ECU and a R151 trans. I am contemplating converting to an automatic, there are plenty of trans available from the 3L V6 and 3L diesel motors around here. My question is how best to control the trans? I have heard of a few people manually wiring them up so they...
  13. M

Surf wiring diagram

Hi all, I am about to replace the gauge cluster with a 4cyl unit so I can run the tach off the ignitor. Does anyone have a wiring diagram to show which is the signal wire for the tach in the dash? I have searched around with no luck so far. Cheers Matt.
  14. M

No fuel after fuel pump - Surf 1UZFE

I have had this truck, a 91 Surf for about 8 months with the 1UZFE and it's been good, always starts with no problems. It failed to start the other day, pulling the fuel link from the filter to the fuel rail showed air pressure but no fuel. Connecting a new line to the pump outlet running...
  15. M

Hilux with 1UZFE and Link won't start now

After being away for 3 weeks I just in the Hilux and it fires up first time as usual. After idling for a minute or so I go to take off and it starts to run really rough as if it's only on a couple of cylinders and eventually stalls. It won't restart but whilst it's cranking it sounds like...
  16. M

Electric fans

I am looking to go from 2x 10in to 1x 16in. Anyone have a recommendation on a good 16in fan? A single 16in should cover considerably more than the 2x 10in units. I might also look at making a shroud if I don't get enough cooling improvement from the fan upgrade. Cheers Matt.
  17. M

Radiator and hoses questions

What hoses are people using, especially the thermostat housing to lower radiator tank house? My inlet/outlets are reversed and I am about to get them swapped but it looks like the radiator hose will contact the waterpump/accessories belt. Does the bottom tank outlet typically come up a wee...
  18. M

Hilux 1UZFE cooling questions

My LN130 has a large aftermarket radiator with the two factory electric fans pushing through it. Normally the truck runs at about 87-90 degress depending on whats happening however over the weekend doing a big sand run the motor got to 110 and didn't want to cool down. I ran with the heater...
  19. M

Starter motor replacement

Anyone done this before and know what needs to come off the top of the motor? I can't even see the starter! Symptoms are occasional hard cranking and only partial engagement. Cheers Matt.
  20. M

Air Con compressor mounting

My air con compressor has been removed and I am looking to refit it so I can run onboard air for my tools and airlines etc for my 4x4. Does anyone know how the compressor mounts to the block, it's difficult to see the mount position and how it might work. I assume it mounts hard to the block...