Search results

1. N

Transmission Throttle Cable

I remember I had read something about adjusting the throttle position sensor but I can no longer find that article. Is the throttle position sensor the same as the transmission throttle cable as mentioned in: http://autospeed.drive.com.au/cms/A_1304/article.html Where may I find the...
  2. N

Disassembling Corner Indicators

I am attempting clear corners with my SC400 but not with flouro covers. I already have some extensive CNC experience so I will try to custom cut some covers from lexan with custom etchings/engravings. I am attempting to disassemble the grey housing from the orange cover and according to some...
  3. N

Wanted Daizen Sway Bar Bushings for 99 LS400

I am currently looking for Daizen Direct OEM Replacement Polyurethane Sway Bar Bushings for a 1999 LS400. I have checked the Daizen website and their listed dealers but have not found that specific part. Would anyone be able to source this for me? Preferably parts from Canada, if not the United...
  4. N

A/C and Braking

Just today I had experienced a strange situation in which I have the A/C on and I am stopped at an intersection. At approximately 2 second intervals I feel a vibration from the brake pedal and it can also be heard throughout the car. I am only applying partial, about 90% pressure on the pedal...
  5. N

Running cool

I am looking towards upgrading my 1994 SC400 and I've noted a few different pathways which I would be able to take. Most would go with intake/exhaust or forced induction upgrades but I would like to veer away from that. I realize there are countless amounts of upgrades available in the market...
  6. N

Clicking or Ticking from Engine?

When I start up my 1994 SC400 there is a continually ticking or clicking sound from the engine when I open up the hood. It is a rather quick and to me it sounds as if a specific component is rotating and tapping on something. But when you rev it the sound just seems to disappear completely and...
  7. N

Throttle Body Spacer for SC400?

I am currently interested in the performance and gas mileage yields of a throttle body spacer, but I heard it may not fit onto the 1UZ-FE, is this true? If not, what would be an ideal brand and where may I find it?
  8. N

Gold Edition?

Greetings all. I am a new 1994 Lexus SC400 owner from Canada, but I am not new to the Lexus name. When I bought the car, it was advertised as "Gold Edition" and I had attempted some further research but to no avail. I only noticed the emblems were gold but nothing else, would anyone be able to...