Search results

1. N

Transmission Throttle Cable

I remember I had read something about adjusting the throttle position sensor but I can no longer find that article. Is the throttle position sensor the same as the transmission throttle cable as mentioned in: http://autospeed.drive.com.au/cms/A_1304/article.html Where may I find the...
  2. N

Clicking or Ticking from Engine?

I've figured it out! That sound would happen to be some worn valve shims. Too bad its no DIY job for me. Thanks for all the replies.
  3. N

Disassembling Corner Indicators

I am attempting clear corners with my SC400 but not with flouro covers. I already have some extensive CNC experience so I will try to custom cut some covers from lexan with custom etchings/engravings. I am attempting to disassemble the grey housing from the orange cover and according to some...
  4. N

Wanted Daizen Sway Bar Bushings for 99 LS400

I am currently looking for Daizen Direct OEM Replacement Polyurethane Sway Bar Bushings for a 1999 LS400. I have checked the Daizen website and their listed dealers but have not found that specific part. Would anyone be able to source this for me? Preferably parts from Canada, if not the United...
  5. N

A/C and Braking

i don't really notice that, but next time it happens i'll keep an eye out for it. Also, it could be just my imagination, but to me it seems that i may be losing power as it looks like my "D" (drive) light in the dash is dimming whenever i hear and feel the vibration.
  6. N

A/C and Braking

Just today I had experienced a strange situation in which I have the A/C on and I am stopped at an intersection. At approximately 2 second intervals I feel a vibration from the brake pedal and it can also be heard throughout the car. I am only applying partial, about 90% pressure on the pedal...
  7. N

custom headlight progress pics

fantastic! that would look very snazzy indeed. are you attempting to achieve a halo projection style? Anxiously awaiting the powered up pics.
  8. N

new guy

1/2. well the SC300 does have a smaller engine, the same one used in the Supra which is quite a bit more popular for tuning than the SC400. Also, they are rare but the SC300 has a few manual trannys out there which are rather quick. But the SC400 is a V8, bigger engine and faster. 3. there are...
  9. N

OEM computers?

also, on newer models they may have what is called ECT-i which is merely "Electronic Controlled Transmission with Intelligence" and on my car, TRAC would be Traction Control though I'm not sure what the A would mean.
  10. N

Running cool

alright, i'll have to check it out in a bit more detail. I can honestly say I do not know as much as I should which is the main reason why I assumed I could recieve some valuable advise. Many thanks for all the suggestions, I'll continue to look into them.
  11. N

Running cool

Currently I am planning to throw in an intercooler to prepare for a future supercharger, though I am keeping a low budget for the time being. How about underdrive pulleys?
  12. N

soarer taillights

you guys are correct about the Supra style; I'm very interested indeed. It is true that the 97+ taillights require a frequency modulator which may be due to it's brightness and high intensity is that correct? I believe that they may not even light up without a frequency modulator if required.
  13. N

Running cool

I am looking towards upgrading my 1994 SC400 and I've noted a few different pathways which I would be able to take. Most would go with intake/exhaust or forced induction upgrades but I would like to veer away from that. I realize there are countless amounts of upgrades available in the market...
  14. N

Low End Or High End

I'm all about the low end power. I like to keep my engine and drivetrain all in tip top shape so I'm normally pretty conservative with the throttle. Although I do agree some near-redline RPMs may clear everything out once in a while. I'm normally driving in urban areas as well and not much of a...
  15. N

would anyone be able to provide a diagram of just the 1UZ-FE engine? I remember seeing one somewhere on the net but can no longer locate it. If so, I will be able to circle the area in which the sound seems to be originating which I used a mechanic's stethoscope to determine.
  16. N

Horse Power and Torque

Unless I am mistaken, HP is in units of ft-lbs/min and Torque is in ft-lbs. So HP would simply mean how fast it is able to apply the torque (or force), of course the faster the better. And torque would simply mean the force applied, regardless of how long it would take. Perhaps torque is...
  17. N

I understand it is quite difficult to diagnose sounds, especially with text. I believe I may have heard the same sound on many other vehicles as well, older vehicles to be exact. Would there be any correlation? Any common problems that would arise in all vehicles? In the meantime, I will ask...
  18. N

I'm attempting to gather as many suggestions as possible in order to draw a valid conclusion at the moment and I appreciate all the responses. I will check into some of the not-so-complicated things. At the moment, I will check the timing belts and waterpump first as it seems Lexus tends to have...
  19. N

Throttle Body Spacer for SC400?

It is usually constructed of billet aluminum and looks like a 1 inch thick plate with a hole in the center and a special design that allows air to swirl into into the intake manifold to be completely combusted. It is attached between the throttle body and the thingy (whats it called?) that it...
  20. N

When I start up my 1994 SC400 there is a continually ticking or clicking sound from the engine when I open up the hood. It is a rather quick and to me it sounds as if a specific component is rotating and tapping on something. But when you rev it the sound just seems to disappear completely and...