Search results

1. D

2JZGTE coilpacks?!?!?

my coilpacks are pretty much dead. car still runs, but its showing all the signs of having failing coilpacks (compared to other peoples experiences) I'm looking to run different coils, with spark plug leads, mounted in a more remote location. the question is, how can I decide what some...
  2. D

what mods for 400kw at the wheels?

is there any guide anywhere with details like this? like, how much power will stock internals handle, and what mods are required to get this power... what mods are needed for 200rwkw, 300rwkw, 400rwkw, etc. realistically, whats needed for 400rwkw, how much boost, I assume stock rods won't...
  3. D

12 ton hydraulic pipe bender?

what can I actually bend with this thing? what would its main use be? gokart frame? I can't think of much else... haha :p hmm.. oh yeah, whats the minimum/maximum pipe wall thickness this type of bender will bend? obviously too thin, and it just kinks, right? thanks!
  4. D

Setting up coilovers?

how do you do it right? :) apparently you want equal weights on the diagonally opposite wheels? thanks!
  5. D

main page of website...

www.lextreme.com has a java virus. thankyou, come again.
  6. D

3SFE VS 3SGE?

what are the differences? they both have the same bore and stroke, but the 3SFE has slightly higher compression ratio... however, when you compare the specs... 3SFE- 88kw @ 5600rpm, 169nM @ 4400rpm, 9.3:1 compression ratio 3SGE- 103kw @ 6200rpm, 172nM @ 4800rpm, 9.2:1 compression ratio so...
  7. D

dodgy alarm install - need ideas...

a friend of mine had an alarm installed in their car, and everything seemed alright for the first few weeks, except that slowly the siren got quieter and quieter, till you could no longer hear it... took the car to the place that did the install, and he makes up some excuse about the siren...
  8. D

whats the biggest engine I can fit in a suzuki hatch? :p

ok, LEGALLY, the biggest I can do is 2.6 litre turbo/super charger... 1JZGTE? lol considering MASSIVE work, all wheel drive, maybe a 3SGTE from an AWD Celica/Caldina? hmm! lol look something like this: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/542498 and Im quite happy to put the radiator in the...
  9. D

it twin charging really feasible?

this isnt on a 1UZ, its a 2JZ, and I'm looking at a 800hp turbo, aiming for around 400rwkw, now, this is all well and good, but its only going to do this power at higher rpm. Im wanting more power off the line, is it at all possible to twin charge? what was the conclusion from the other thread...
  10. D

my latest addition to the collection of cars ive owned!

lets start off with the pics of the vehicle in Japan!!!
  11. D

Excuse my ignorance - how does this turbo connect?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=015&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=250084736572&rd=1&rd=1 what is involved in connecting the exhaust outlet from this turbo up to an exhaust system? does anyone have any diagrams? I dont get it :( this is the exhaust outlet...
  12. D

1990 Lexus LS400 stock spring rates?

anyone know? thanks.
  13. D

Seller Feedback ISC Coilovers...

he sells products that dont suit the vehicle they are intended for, then tries to sell people parts to make them fit/work, thats not how its meant to work. the "celsior" coilovers he's attempting to sell are not suitable, the rear springs he is suggesting are way too hard, not to mention the...
  14. D

Speed Limiter!?!?!?

I was originally under the impression that my car had a 240km/hr limiter, that was until I had a nice, clear night, on a nice clear, straight road... and discovered this: the car hits a limiter, at about 185km/hr, and when I say hit, I mean HIT!!! its like the throttle closes completely, you...
  15. D

toyota 89297-50020

found mounted ontop of the air bag suspension struts, under the cover thingo. what do they do? I've googled for the part number, and found nothing. it has two shafts coming out the bottom, when you turn one shaft, the other turns the other direction. it looks like a stepper motor maybe...
  16. D

Lexus LS400 Air Suspension Shock Conversion

just a few comments about the guide, aswell as questions... now, the comment in red/bold. I have a question about it... ah, why? I've just removed the rear air bag from my Lexus, without having to disconnect the sway bar, or take the calipers... also, the comment in green... its quite...
  17. D

Ucf10? Ucf11? Ucf20? Ucf21?

is the suspension/shocks interchangable between the different models? I've found sites that say they are. if they aren't, whats the difference? would it be possible to adapt one to fit another model? the suspension sold through lextreme, is it different for the different model cars? and...
  18. D

up, down, left, right, BAH!!!

ok, so, I had a little accident... anyway, here are the measurements from the ground, to the wheel arch... with the air bag switch set to "normal" and the after market height controller set to "0" (which I believe makes it stock) front right: 67cm front left: 71cm rear right: 67cm rear left...
  19. D

MUMMY!!! I had a accident!!!

but, the real reason for this thread, is this: that gap used to be about 2 - 3 times as big as it is now... so, whats bent? lol it still corners alright, and drives straight. any help would be great!!!