Search results

1. D

Steering wheel wont move.

:banghead: not sure if that was a serious question or not. you quoted a post, which answers all your questions, and really could not be read to mean anything else.
  2. D

apparently you're all idiots for buying LS400's

I'm not complaining at all, just commenting :) on some forums, you get seriously abused for replying to a 6 month old thread, which is just stupid :S
  3. D

apparently you're all idiots for buying LS400's

did you really just bring up a 3 year old thread? :p
  4. D

fuel economy...(lack of i expect)..never FI a petrol engine before

my celsior did an average of about 19litres per 100k's driving from Adelaide to Bordertown and back one night :S possibly something to do with my driving style.
  5. D

2JZGTE coilpacks?!?!?

Remove HIDs Remove tint Fit stock suspension Refit reinforcement bar (may require removal of intercooler) Remove air horns Untint tail lights Fix oil leak Remove turbo timer Fix hand brake Fit stock wheels? Fix centre brake light Replace parker globes Disconnect fog lights Remove LCD screen...
  6. D

2JZGTE coilpacks?!?!?

coil packs arrived yesterday. I have a nice long list I've written of things that need doing to the car, will type it out later. yay :S
  7. D

2JZGTE coilpacks?!?!?

ended up buying original, genuine 2JZ coil packs, from the USA... about $AU850 including postage.. and then, to make things better, the car got defected over easter, before the coil packs even arrived, now I have to take the car for a full inspection, meaning basically everything has to be...
  8. D

Liquid LPG injection

when I was looking, the biggest injectors I could find would require me to run two per cylinder for the power I was aiming for, which would of course require a custom intake manifold :greddy2:
  9. D

2JZGTE coilpacks?!?!?

I've replaced the coil pack plugs as they had fallen apart, tested and adjusted the TPS, removed and cleaned the IACV, swapped the plugs for new ones, swapped the MAP sensor for a known good one, put injector cleaner through it twice, checked the PCV. Also, a faulty primary results in an ECU...
  10. D

2JZGTE coilpacks?!?!?

yeah, my primaries measure 0.8ohms, but it doesn't mean the secondaries are intact... the car is now idling properly, Im running out of ideas as to what the problem is.. I still think it has to be coil packs!
  11. D

2JZGTE coilpacks?!?!?

that will just mean you can only test it one polarity, not that you won't be able to test it at all... how am I supposed to test these then? I got a quote for a set of six brand new... $AU1309.80 awesome! :wtf1:
  12. D

2JZGTE coilpacks?!?!?

is it possible for the secondary to be open circuit, but still produce a spark due to it arching the break in the winding?
  13. D

2JZGTE coilpacks?!?!?

does anyone know anything about the 2JZGTE coil packs? my primary resistance measures 0.8ohms on each coil.. however, the two coils I have sitting here, neither measure anything on the secondary :S any help? lol
  14. D

Liquid LPG injection

I saw an XR6 turbo running LPG... I have to assume this was an old style LPG system, which are prone to back firing.. surely this is going to result in your turbo being in a dozen pieces inside your engine? :/
  15. D

Cars For Sale West Aus - Toyota Celsior

yeah, I would have said $9000 while looking at the pics. didn't even see the price listed as $18,000. I'd rather buy an excellent condition Aristo for $18,000.
  16. D

2JZGTE coilpacks?!?!?

so... ah... anyway... I was considering using the BIC800, which is whats used on the RB30. its a single output coil. but I'm not sure about the resistance.
  17. D

2JZGTE coilpacks?!?!?

its hardly a down grade if the coils currently in the car don't work :p and a replacement set will cost like $600, and die again in about 10 years time. what is waste spark? all I planned to do, was get six separate coils, possibly the Bosch BIC800, modify the loom in the car, and run six...
  18. D

2JZGTE coilpacks?!?!?

sorry for the confusion. I have a 2JZGTE with half dead coil packs! I'm looking to replace them with something remotely mounted so they aren't effected by the engines heat. the LS1 coils have inbuilt igniters, which isn't what I want.
  19. D

2JZGTE coilpacks?!?!?

my coilpacks are pretty much dead. car still runs, but its showing all the signs of having failing coilpacks (compared to other peoples experiences) I'm looking to run different coils, with spark plug leads, mounted in a more remote location. the question is, how can I decide what some...
  20. D

1UZ Capri Drag Car

so, whats it do down the 1/4? honestly, I couldn't care less what it looks like.. its numbers that count!