Search results

1. Thermactor

Wanted WTB: 1UZ-FE knock sensor

Hi all, I'm looking for a good, working 1UZ-FE knock sensor for my '96 LS. As far as I know, any '90-97 1UZ-FE knock sensor will do the trick just fine. Let me know what you have - thanks! (My budget is less than $25 - have mercy on a poor fella!) :D
  2. Thermactor

Wanted '95-97 LS400 speedometer gauge

Need a speedometer for my LS400. Mine has a burned out needle end, and has started acting lazy with the movement. I don't want the whole cluster, just the speedometer. Thanks.
  3. Thermactor

Wanted Serpentine belt tensioner

Has anybody got a serpentine belt tensioner for the 90-97 1UZ-FE that they'd be willing to let go of cheap? I don't need the pulley, just the tensioner itself. I'm hoping to pay somewhere around $25 shipped. If this will work for you, drop me a line sometime very soon - otherwise I'll just order...
  4. Thermactor

Electric cutout on stock exhaust?

How effective would it be to install an exhaust cutout on the stock exhaust? This eBay kit has a remote control so that you could install the cutout without running wires into the cabin. It looks pretty simple and effective...
  5. Thermactor

Wanted Looking for '95-97 LS400 transmission or rebuild kit

Anybody within 150 miles of Cincinnati, OH have a '95-97 LS400 transmission for cheap? Failing that, anyone have a good line on a rebuild kit for the LS400 trans? Looking for something good and cheap, lol. Thanks
  6. Thermactor

Free Free: South Africa world calling card

I know we have some members from South Africa, they might find it useful. It should have a balance of at least some Rand left. The number to call is 10136 and the card number is 4000 0126 5921 6620. I used it on my last trip to SA and don't need it anymore.
  7. Thermactor

Parts Marlin Crawler W58 polyurethane shifter bushings

Does your shifter feel loose? Is there slack in the mechanism while in gear? Has your transmission lost that lovin' feeling? I have the solution for you. Polyurethane, indestructible shifter bushings that will last for the life of the car. Unlike the Toyota bushings that wear out after a few...
  8. Thermactor

UZ Engines: Interference or Non Interference?

<- here I am with 130,000 on a timing belt on an interference UZ --- gulp!
  9. Thermactor

Best place in SoCal to live?

I'm thinking about moving back out to California after I graduate in May. I've lived in San Diego before for two years and loved it, but will need to go where the jobs are. Anybody have any recommendations on good places in southern Cal to live? If L.A., which city in LA?
  10. Thermactor

Australians and engineers for modified cars

Hey guys, What is the process for getting an engineer involved in car modifications in Australia? Does the engineer help you do the modifications, or does he just sign off on them? Is the cost of having an engineer approve a swap usually about the same as the cost of doing the swap itself? Just...
  11. Thermactor

Parts Fs: '95 ls400 ecu

Selling the ecu out of my '95 LS400. Unit operates fine. Has a sportier shift than I like for that car (stock transport) so I replaced it with a different one. Asking for $39 + shipping. Thanks
  12. Thermactor

Seller Feedback Kc95sc400

I recently bought some parts off of him and my experience has been stellar. Honest, helpful, and a real asset to the community. Nothing but the best!
  13. Thermactor

Project Thread Vortech on a tired 1UZ-FE

Well, I lost an auction by $.50 to get a 3.33" 6-rib pulley for $20.50, so that is out. It might be for the best, though - Arnout's story of a UCF20 spitting out its rods at 7PSI scared the shit out of me. These rods are a disgrace to the Toyota name. The 7M rods can handle 700hp, with two fewer...
  14. Thermactor

Parts UCF20 gauge cluster, OEM struts, A/C compressor

Looking to sell some UCF20 LS400 parts: 1) Gauge cluster. Everything works, yet the fuel gauge itself has been removed. No scuffs on plastic, everything is in sweet shape. Asking $50. 2) OEM front struts. Condition identical to brand new. Asking $50 for both. 3) A/C compressor. Compressor...
  15. Thermactor

Wanted Wanted: Supercharger pulley for Vortech

I'm looking for a 6-rib supercharger pulley to fit a Vortech V-2 supercharger. The larger diameter the better, 3.33"-3.7" is the preferred range. The key and bolt are also requested. eBay wants $70-100 for a part that should not cost more than $35. If you also have a line on a cheap, good...
  16. Thermactor

Motor Mount Alternative? Can I use MkIV Supra motor mounts instead of 1UZ OEM?

As the title states, I would like to know if I could use 1998 Supra Twin Turbo motor mounts to replace the stock, worn-out 1996 LS400 1UZ-FE motor mounts as a bolt-in affair. I think I read that they will interchange at some point but I was hoping for some corroboration from someone who would...
  17. Thermactor

1UZ fitment in Toyota trucks

Good day, I see that the 1uz is a popular swap for Toyota trucks. It appears to be extremely doable, so I want to know if anyone has come up with a CAD drawing of the motor mount, and also if there's any kind of how-to with general guidelines for a particular type of 1UZ to use, body harness...
  18. Thermactor

Someone with a repair manual: I need ohm values for EGR, IAT, and coolant temp!

I'm doing a little bit of mod work to my car to make it more fuel efficient. My '96 LS400 SUCKS DOWN the gas when its cold and I hate that. :rippedhand: So I want to fool the car into thinking that the intake air temp is 150 deg. F, coolant temp is 200 deg. F, and also to fool the car into...
  19. Thermactor

1996 LS400 - need EGR pipe part number

I need the part number for the lower EGR pipe on the 1996 Lexus LS400. The pipe I'm referring to snakes around the flywheel and ends at the exhaust manifold. If someone can help me with this part (and the gasket) I would be grateful, thanks!
  20. Thermactor

Parts Supercharger bracket and brand new Vortech V-2 SC-trim supercharger (and car parts)

Tuition and taxes have taken a toll on me and are forcing me to liquidate at this time. Here's your chance to get some great deals. The bracket is the same kind that was in the group buy. I'm also including the necessary bolts to mount the bracket up to the motor, and am asking $125+shipping...