Search results

1. J

Dont change your starter. it sucks.

I've searched every starter motor thread change and nothing states what you should do when you reach the water coolant bridge and wire harness that sits directly above the starter motor bolts.. You need to lift both up to access the 2 bolts in the back!!! I had to take off the nuts to the...
  2. J

XR8tt, still around on the forum I see!! What's up buddy hope life is treating you well these days :cool: Well, back to subject - when you drill out the starter bolts from the front there will be no threads after and it wont matter.. You will have two clean holes ready for thread tapping.. I...
  3. J

Last pic...
  4. J

Ok.. After years and years of posting on this thread I now have a new appreciation for this fellas!!!! I am doing this today!! I spent 3 hours and got to this point in the pictures below.. The hardest part so far is figuring out how to remove that back wire harness and water bridge.. I had...
  5. J

Starter motor slippage.... Or something

My SC400 has been collecting dust for the past few months after the starter motor died out on me.. It's now time to get that motor turning over again.. As of tomorrow I will be attempting to do this starter motor replacement job.. Going to try and save $900 bucks.. Wish me luck fellas and...
  6. J

A farewell to my SC400 and a thanks to Lextreme!!!

No more..... typo...
  7. J

Funny Steve... Now more explosive bottles riding around in my trunk..:eek:
  8. J

Probably a newer FJ Toyota Landcruiser for around 20 grand used. I think I'm done with the fast cars driving in LA. Honestly, I've always been a big fan of the Toyota Landcruisers as I've owned and or drove just about every body type thru the years.. The FJ40's with the swapped in 350 push...
  9. J

I did change out the rear bushings twice.. The bushing set that worked was a poly bushing set but I forgot the maker.. It was a very bulky and soft bushing set from memory. I don't totally contribute the bushing change to ultimately eliminating all wheel hop for me, breaking in my Eibach...
  10. J

^^^Steve you're a loyal man, your future wife will love and appreciate you for sure!!!! Cheers!!! :)
  11. J

xspsi6 - The car was more of a sprinter then a quarter mile runner in all honesty. I'd say it moved well and made some noise 0-80.. I guess with the torque converter stall rate change combined with the Nitrous shot it just didn't hook up very well in the upper gears. Kinda died off in that 4...
  12. J

^^^^Thanks Cribbs.. You and Zuffen I had always thought were the nuts and bolts that kept this forum site so professional and going strong.. David too, but for information and technical support you two guys really knew and know your stuff and it shows!!!! You really helped me out in...
  13. J

If I were going for the straight up sprints - the car to be had would be the Dodge Viper.. Boost that sucker and it's over, can still be made street legal too.. Used they are starting to get affordable too.. Just sharing from my what I know to be true here in the States...
  14. J

This is the car I always dreamed of in all honestly...Sorry to come clean... Still may get is soon one day.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wheEOSdDi9w
  15. J

More pics past and present..
  16. J

Pictures from the past.. This is not an attempt to try and sell my car but more of a thank you thread to all over the years!!!
  17. J

Hello to all my old friends first off!!! I am no longer am an active member on this forum as I just don't have the time anymore to post and read daily to be honest. No reflection on this wonderful website!!!! I must say this website has brought me many years of joy, friendships and an...
  18. J

Jibbby says hello to all the old Lextremers!!!

^^^SPF Lexus, honestly I haven't filled my Nitrous bottle in years. I gave up trying to further mod up my SC4 years ago when I lost my garage to a residency change.. I took it as far as I was going to take it with all the stock parts that I still had on the car.. Stock injectors were maxed...
  19. J

Drive Shaft Center Support Bearing issues?

Well the official dealer part name is "DS Bearing Assembly".. $250 USD part # 37230-24090.. Just to finalize this thread.. I couldn't find this part anywhere in good condition, the junk yard parts were worn to hell as well. Apparently the rubber starts to wear out on this part bearing at...
  20. J

Jibbby says hello to all the old Lextremers!!!

That's great guys.. Good to hear from ya all!!!!! SPF LEXUS - That's impressive that FastEddie is laying down 650BHP in an LS400.. I didn't think that was even possible back when I was posting regularly on this forum. The best built LS4 I remember was Lex's, I think I remember he got his...