Search results

1. L

Crown ECU /Fuel Pump Question

LOL.... I always wondered what that thing was for, now I know. I'll have to go fish it out of the box in my shed full of all the other left over stuff. All I did was hook my fuel pump up to the acc witch works fine. But at idle it's still at 12v witch is a bit noisy.
  2. L

Speed Limiter!?!?!?

I removed my speed limiter by cutting one of the speed sensor wires to the ECT. not the ecu The information was supplied to me by the shop I purchased the engine off. They gave me copys of all the pinouts of the wiring loom, I could look it up but as we all know it won't be the same in a...
  3. L

1995 SC400 1uz-fe (brake vacuum line??)

You talking about the little one right? the BIG one is the vac for the brake booster. I sure the one your thinking of is the vac line for that carbon canister thing, (knida small, black box loking thing) you know, the vent for the fuel tank. and the canister stops the vapors going in the...
  4. L

White Smoke= Bad. Whats the Prescription?

Just a quick question about that vacume switch on the P/S pump, what's it for? What happen's if you dissconnect the vacume switch?
  5. L

HP gains by passing TB coolant line?

I found my plenum (that bit where the lexus or toyota badge is) would get dam hot. Say after 30 min of driving. So I pulled of the TB to clean it and while I was there I by-passed the coolant line. Now, drive around as long as I want and the plenum is cold to touch. ok.. ok.. not cold but a...
  6. L

tourque converter

He probley made that comment because the type of people to upgrade there torque converter's (yes all of us) are also the type to drive there car's hard. In other words, it's more how you drive your car and what your using it for
  7. L

Vegemite Outrage !!

M8 I don't mind the odd bit of vegemite on toast, But dude, THAT"S JUST WRONG:puke:
  8. L

1UR Engine

Hows the Compression Ratio at 11.8:1:shock: You won't be putting much boost into a stock one of them with out a cooler.
  9. L

Name that part!

Yep, I've never seen one of them in my crown. Fuel pump get's 12v as soon as I turn the key. Come to think of it I don't even know where the wires are for the original pump, I just ran off the ACC
  10. L

Engine build up

Nah Im running stock engine, ecu, ect, it's just a light car. It'll only spin the rears if you give it WOT from a set of lights If Im moving at even walking pace and floor it it grips fine.
  11. L

Engine build up

Just any update on my shims Elliot, I Don't get to drive my car everyday so I just thought I'd let you know how it's going. I gave it some stick (as in WOT) from a set of lights the other night, and found I had wheel spin up to half way through third gear. By the time I got traction I was...
  12. L

All parts considered for a turbo...

Does twin turbo give you lower intake temps? It always seems to me that twin turbo setups make more power on the same motor a single would. And NO Im not talking about huge oversized turbos on drag cars, im thing of street use with low rpm boost like Lex's
  13. L

wanna race? :D

The day I finished my conversion It started fine, (12mounths ago) Since then it has slowley got harded and harder to start, I've just finished an exhaust upgrade and found that it's fixed the problem, but I wouldn't be supprised it it slowley does it agian:squint: I'll let you know in a week...
  14. L

Engine build up

You can easley notice the difference at low speed and light throttle, At full throttle the shifts are now quick and clean and I'd guess are about a second quicker. as for getting up to speed Im not sure, I'd say thats more in the toruqe converter witch is my next mod. I've heard it's one of...
  15. L

Engine build up

Hey Elliot, I installed thoes shims over the weekend. Got it running tonight and went for a drive. Not bad but I have to say with 8mm shims I thought it would shift a lot harded. It does shift quick but It'll never chirp the tyres. (on standard engine). I thought 8mm shims would almost be dash...
  16. L

MUMMY!!! I had a accident!!!

Man..theres no way you were doing 50kph. Unless of course the curve you hit was like a foot high There's heap's of damage, thoe's wheels are screwed and I can't believe you got 3 out of 4. nice job, There's gotta be some sorta medal for that! either way it's never nice when you do damage like...
  17. L

My new rims

Nice rim's toy
  18. L

Yeah, mine was idling at 1500rpm (cold) then it would drop down to 650rpm when warmed up. Is yours still getting worse?
  19. L

Well exhaust is done, 2 1/4 inch from manifolds in to 2 1/2 Started it up just a while a go and it run's compleatley different, Idles 500rpm lower and starts easy. I'd say My old cat was on it's last legs.
  20. L

And um..... what if it doesn't break??? Should have my exhaust done by somtime this week end, I'll let you know if it makes a difference