Search results

1. E

true clear tail lens

hey gang, was browsing the good ole net the other day for clear tail lenses and i found these. didnt know if anyone had any experience with the fit or quality. trying to get some input before i spend this kind of money for some lights. i have a feeling there so expensive because i havent seen...
  2. E

got some answers?

thanks guys, with this car, i want to make it as much of a learning experience as i can. my previous car was a 1985 cutlass with a 455 out of a 1971 buick gs stg. 1 car. everything with that car was fairly simple to work on and learn with, but when i got the lexus i realized that with the ls it...
  3. E

first time at the track!

what would overall r/t be under? heres the order top to bottom i have on the slips r/t 60' 330 1/8th mph 1000 1/4 mph i read the article on drag racing, when you say "Almost all tracks add in the .500 between the last yellow and the green" would this mean my overall r/t is .502?
  4. E

first time at the track!

tomorrow i'll scan up my slips for ya so you can see
  5. E

first time at the track!

yes sir...thats why i say total luck there...for someone like me that has to be...im no where experienced enough to get anywhere near a perfect launch off the tree
  6. E

got some answers?

hey gang, i have some questions im trying to get answered, and ive combed the search section and havent found a whole lot on it. if you could take a min and help me out with what you know that would rock. these are questions regarding my car, a stock 1991 ls400 1) is it possible to remove the...
  7. E

first time at the track!

i took my 91 ls400 to the track the other night...no mods except pulled the air filter and a high flow cats and borla mufflers. i lined up with a stage 3 roush mustang, the early 2000 models. i had checked out the car earlier in the pits and knew this was bad, i knew he was gonna slaughter me...
  8. E

track times...

so do you think stock ive gotten down to the best time i can get it to? trying to work a good stock baseline here
  9. E

Suspension Interchangability

on a quick note off the subject...which are the tc and e1? the closest lex dealer is like an hour an a half from me and ive been trying to figure this out forever. oh, by the way, i have a 1991 ls...will it matter?
  10. E

track times...

i took the ole 91 ls400 to the track tonight and was wanting some input on my times. to start, its a 91 ls400, 170,000 miles, no mods except i took the two back mufflers off, pulled the backseat, spare and jack, almost empty tank of gas, and yanked off the air filter... my best was a 15.81 with...
  11. E

need some basic 1uz info!

thanks....that cleared alot up...so if i am looking to more of a monster out of my car, i shold hunt down the v160 with the kaaz to back it up if im looking for grunt and the trd if im looking for all around goodness?
  12. E

Standalone ECU sea 2 sky standalone

does anyone have any experience with the xms sea 2 sky standalone? is it worth the money? is easy for a novice to use? i've read theres nothing better...just trying to get some different opinions. my car is a 91 ls400 by the way...
  13. E

technicians mauals

does anyone know where i can find the toyota/lexus tech manuals for the 91 ls400 besides the dealer? i think the dealer wanted and arm for volume and a couple toes for the other...quite pricy to say the least
  14. E

sloppy steering

whats the lca? is there a procedure to troubleshoot the steering sytem?
  15. E

before i destroy everything

thanks...now that i got some opinions i think im gonna go through and troubleshoot the system...
  16. E

awesome....i was hunting around too and couldnt find aywhere to break down the nomenclature for different trannys or rearends. is it just me or does it seem that there virtually nothing out there to rebuild or beef up a tranny, and no ways aftermarket gearing for the rear ends? -erik
  17. E

sloppy steering

hey gang, over the last couple of months my steerin feel on my 1991 ls400 has gotten really sloppy. my fluids are good, had the car aligned and its still acting up. i know on gm cars there is a sensor in the column that if it goes bad, alot of artificial feel from the steering wheel is felt...
  18. E

thanks man...i'll give it a shot....anyone else got some ideas too?
  19. E

hey guys, i just bought a very cherry 91 ls400( cherry for 160,000 miles), but i have only one speaker working! the sub works fine, and so does my rear driver side door speaker...i can get some crackle out of some of the others if i mess with the f/r l/r controls, but thats it. the owners before...
  20. E

thanks guys, i appreciate it...if only it was a perfect world to where i can find everything i want, all at one time, and learn it all in an instant...but instead, the more time it takes to learn, the greater the knowledge!