Search results

1. S

2uz fj40

Cool build. Hopefully I'll be building something similar pretty soon. Are you planning to wire it yourself?
  2. S

Single Turbo 1UZ MKII Supra Project

Awesome build. I'll be watching this one.
  3. S

Project Thread M112 sc400

LP1, it looks like you did an excellent job building your supercharger setup. I've got a question though. What are you doing for engine management? Stock ecu, SAFC, or something more?
  4. S

Anybody done an IFS toyota UZ swap?

I did one in my '93 4Runner. It's tiiiight! To keep ifs, you have to use the LS400 front sump pan. I had to remove the steering stabilizer and cut the mounting lug off of the tie rod and still only had about 1/4" of clearance between my pan and tierod. I built about an 1 1/4" body lift and...
  5. S

4x4 1uz gearing?

To tell you the truth, I don't really remember. I'll try to remember, to ask my buddy that I sold it to.
  6. S

4x4 1uz gearing?

Well in my 1uz swapped '93 4Runner I ran 4.88's with 33" tires. It went great and felt strong, but I believe it may have been a little low for a daily driver. The gas mileage wasn't very good. This was with the LS400 auto with a case adapted to it though. With a manual it probably would have...
  7. S

secondary o2 sensor/fooling the ecu

Thanks sideshow, but as far as my 4Runner goes, there is no miss, just smells rich and lacks power down low and through the midrange. Sorry for the hijack zen.
  8. S

secondary o2 sensor/fooling the ecu

Good question! This is exactly what I got on to ask. Anyone?
  9. S

Need advice on converter...

I swapped a 91 LS400 engine and trans into my '93 4Runner. It's got 4.88 gears and 33" tires. I've got to put a new rear main in it so I thought it would be a good time to swap converters for a little bit of a stall. Any recommendations on how much of a stall? It is very sluggish on the bottom...
  10. S

Test ECU?

Yeah, thanks for the help CJSupra90. Today I went over to the shop and pretty much troubleshot the deal and traced it back as far as the EFI relay. Then I made sure it was in good and it was. Still no luck. Then I decided to swap the starter relay to the EFI relay location and my problem was...
  11. S

Test ECU?

okay thanks
  12. S

Test ECU?

Okay, today right before coming to work tonight, I checked the other three power connections to my ECU. I am not getting anything there. The only one that is good is the constant 12V from the BATT. Where should I look from here? (I'm no electrician)
  13. S

Test ECU?

yeah, that's what will happen if I find out for sure mine is bad.
  14. S

How to test ECU?

you would be correct.
  15. S

Test ECU?

Like I said above, I have already checked and am getting a constant 12v to the ECU, but haven't checked the other three. I'll check them tomorrow. Also, the MIL bulb worked fine until now and now it won't start, therefore I assumed the bulb was fine. The battery is hooked up right, but I'm...
  16. S

Test ECU?

I checked but forgot to tell that part when I posted. I am getting 12.4 volts to the B+ pin at ECU constant. I have not checked the other three. I have not put another one in yet because I was afraid that it might fry it also like you said. I also checked the EFI fuse and it was fine. The...
  17. S

How to test ECU?

I have a problem with my ECU in my recently 1uz swapped 4Runner. I have ran the engine in the truck but not driven it yet. It ran fine the other night in the shop then I cut it off. I let my cousin borrow my battery to crank the racecar and after hooking the battery back up the next day in my...
  18. S

Test ECU?

I have a problem with my ECU in my recently 1uz swapped 4Runner. I have ran the engine in the truck but not driven it yet. It ran fine the other night in the shop then I cut it off. I let my cousin borrow my battery to crank the racecar and after hooking the battery back up the next day in my...
  19. S

1uz into hilux finished

NICE! I need some details. Mine is almost finished also.
  20. S

Project Thread Twin-Turbo V8 6-Speed SC: UZZ-TT

Sorry, but can't see the pics. What part of GA are you in? I lived there for a few years and often come back. I'd like to check out the car some time.