Search results

1. T

SUPRA PARTS?

I also need new LCA's and have used the daizen poly bushings in the past but i would like to use rubber this time. Where are people getting the supra LCA's, are they just taking it up the ass at the dealer or is there a supra aftermarket parts site somewhere? Thanks -Jake
  2. T

car runs bad cold, but seems fine when warmed up

Thanks for the fast reply! yes i have reset the ecu and the codes both come up immediatly. i have swapped the TPS with a known good sensor from my other car with no difference. so unless its in the harness id say the DTC 41 is only a symptom and not the true problem. Thanks again! -Jake
  3. T

will sc400 sway bars fit on ls400?

I have a 1993 LS400 and a 1993 SC400 parts car and was wondering if anyone knew off hand that the sway bars from the SC will directly bolt onto the LS? This would be a nice upgrade for the LS but i'd like to know if anyone has done this before I go spend a few hours proving myself wrong...
  4. T

car runs bad cold, but seems fine when warmed up

Hello i just picked up my 3rd sc400 dirt cheap ($2200) because it has a engine problem. When I first start the car in the morning it seems to be running on only a few pistons really ruff idle blue smoke out tailpipe smells strongly of fuel. As it sits there warming up it seems to pick up a few...
  5. T

My NOS thread

Just a few questions about nos I didn't see posted in other threads... I have a very simple dry nitrous setup on my '92 sc400, 10lb bottle, single solenoid, single dry fogger nizzle, WOT switch, and a purge kit. Also 255HP fuel pump. 1. Because its a dry kit and im depending on the stock ecu...
  6. T

rear gear drive ratios?

lol, yeah it'l depend on the rest of your setup, I really like the 4.27 gears in mine only slightly lowered my top speed and im still getting 18mpg, aparently I drive too hard.... was getting 20 before so no real problem, if i wanted better gas miliage I wouldn't have bought a V8! :) Good...
  7. T

rear gear drive ratios?

Stock Ls400 has 225/55-16 wheels which are ~25.7 inches in diameter depending on manufacturer. Stock OPEN differential on an Ls400 is 3.912, however this nets an unobtainable maximum speed with the stock 250hp. I swaped in a supra TT 4.272 LSD and my top speed only droped from 149 to 145...
  8. T

more exhaust questions

thanks guys Thanks everyone! I had an oval shaped straight through center muffler stock but when I cut it open all the sound deadening materials were melted together. I replaced it with this: http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=WLK%2D24234&N=700+0&autoview=sku...
  9. T

Wanted WTB stock silver exhaust tips

PM sent PM sent Thanks Jake
  10. T

Wanted WTB stock silver exhaust tips

I need 2 factory exhaust tips for my 1992 sc400. silver not gold and in as good a shape as posible. they are spring loaded onto the rear mufflers. great deal for anyone upgrading and removing their stock exhaust! $20~40 Thanks Jake
  11. T

center caps for supra TT rims on sc400

Has anyone else put Supra TT wheels on their lexus? Are you all running without centercaps like me or is there a solution I dont know about?? Thanks Jake
  12. T

Wanted stock sc400 exhaust 92-95 both mid sections W/o CAT

I don't need the cats, and the 'y' isnt my problem, its with the resonators them selves, they rattle when I shake them, there is no sound deadening material left inside them, and the flanges are all rusted to sh*t so I was hoping to get a newer set of tubes, flanges and resonators from the cats...
  13. T

aux input with factory headunit cd changer

update When the car is off there is power on the violet w/white wire all the time. When you turn on the stereo there is power on the green w/black wire. I have tried connecting power and/or ground to every combination of other wires and have only succeded in blowing the fuse for the radio...
  14. T

I hope you mean parts and not cars... Do you have any pics of the exhaust pieces? $80 is fine with me how do you want payment? Thanks Jake [email protected]
  15. T

more exhaust questions

Thanks jibby i read your posts on CL about installing your S&S headers grats on getting them to work at all! im not ready to do headers yet, im just trying to make my old system work better cause im not sure if i want to do cams or FI, ill build a complete system at that time. As for the...
  16. T

more exhaust questions

I have read through all of the posts about the headers JBrady designed and had built, very impressive. This has lead me to do alittle redesign of the exhaust on my 92 SC400 project car. I have run into a few problems and would appreciate any feedback. First my car was winter driven in the...
  17. T

Ran my 92 sc400 on one ignition coil and burnt out the cats and resonators with the exes fuel, also very rusty from salt and age, would like a nicer condition stock factory exhaust from the cats to the rear axle, so just the 2 sections with the 2 'Y' pieces in them. I have new cats and rear...
  18. T

aux input with factory headunit cd changer

hello, My 12 disc cd changer died some time ago and has been removed from the car, I was thinking that I could use the output lines from the cd changer to the head unit to plug in my ipod as a kind of aux input to the factory headunit. I used the wiring diagram to find the 4 wires labled CDR +/-...
  19. T

Any one interested in a sport compact racing league?

Thanks for all the help and support on this project guys its finally done! I spent the last 4 days out in the garage and fabricated a completely new rear bumper for my sc400 complete with new framerails, and a reinforced class IV towing hitch. The car has supra TT rims with 285/40-17 pilot...
  20. T

steering problems with new rims and tires

No still have the problem but its less noticable now, guess im getting used to it. 285s do fit the sc400 with about 1/8" to spare to the outside fender and plenty of room to the inside, jus the way toyota designed it, these are toyota rims afterall... And as the wheels come up they tuck up...