Search results

1. supradude117

Standalone ECU Nice Stand Alone for 2001 2UZFE?

I have a low mileage 2UZFE that I'm going to be mating to a manual transmission and then boosting. I'll start with no boost (just want to run the 2UZ for a year or so) then I'll do 7 PSI with twin (stock) CT26 turbos, then go for 17 PSI after I upgrade the bottom end and go 60-1 on the turbos...
  2. supradude117

1uz wagon

You need to find out for sure why it wont turn over. If it caught fire it's possible the internals are seized from high heat... I wouldnt take a motor with a rod knock or that didn't turn over freely... Hope it's nothing too serious -Dave
  3. supradude117

R154

The R154 is a little bigger than the W58 and can handle at least twice the amount of power being put out by the engine. I plan on using one for my swap. They are a little notchier especially with a short shifter installed to reduce the throws from gear to gear. Same thing happens on the W58 with...
  4. supradude117

1986.5 supra with v8 soon?

I'm pretty sure the stock 1UZFE ECU can be spliced into the Supra harness if you're going to keep the Automatic Transmission that the V8 came with. You'll need to be familiar with Toyota wiring diagrams and have access to them as well. If you want a 5 or 6 speed you're going to have to get a...
  5. supradude117

1uzfe into MA70 wiring question

So then it fits just fine with it right side up correct? -Dave
  6. supradude117

Silv '06

I'll be flying in this year. Last year I was there in a black 84 Supra with an 89 7MGTE. I wont be able to swap a 1UZFE into a Supra for a couple more years. :( -Dave
  7. supradude117

1uzfe into MA70 wiring question

Do you have to flip the truck brake booster upside down to fit? I think I heard that in a swap tutorial by a guy in Australia. -Dave
  8. supradude117

SUPRA MKIV with 1UZ-FE videos

The sound of that engine reving will scare away Honda's from 4 blocks away :) I want one!! -David
  9. supradude117

getting there

Pretty sure you'll have to make your own manifold for a supercharger set up. Unless someone has started making them in the last 6 months that I didn't hear about -Dave
  10. supradude117

1UZ fits in Supra!

What kind of car is that pressure plate from that you're using? -Dave
  11. supradude117

getting there

He's got a 1UZ for sale huh? I'm not interested in buying one at this time, but I'm curious how much he's selling it to you for. I'm guessing you're going to put the motor in an Mk2 supra? -Dave
  12. supradude117

V8 Supra Swap Tutorial

Cool, some very good information. Thanks for posting this up. -Dave
  13. supradude117

Online V8 Repair Manual?

I know there are some on the internet for the Supra such as this one: Toyota Service Repair Manual "TSRM" Do any of you know about a similar repair manual online for a Lexus SC 400 or something? -David
  14. supradude117

Got myself a couple 1UZFE engine control units

Check it out :veryhappy Now I just need an engine... and a wiring harness... and some motor mounts... and an exhuast system... and a whole list of other stuff. The ECU's I have are not known to be working though... so I'll have to test them on an older Lexus SC that's running fine...
  15. supradude117

getting there

Sounds like a good plan to me! I've got the Supra... and that's about it... I'm just collecting information now and looking for a smashed SC400... I still don't have a good place to work on a project this large :shrug: Wish I had more money... -David
  16. supradude117

Don't see this everyday... Ferrari F40 dyno pull

Very cool! Thanks for posting up the link. -David
  17. supradude117

Twin Turbo GS400

Very nice! Wish I had one of those under the hood! What turbos did you use? -David
  18. supradude117

i was able to take some pics of the 1uz when it came in.

But does it work for the 1UZFE? If so how well does it work?
  19. supradude117

1UZ fits in Supra!

Make your own manifold or have one made. Not too hard if you have TIG welding experience. I would just put it in and get it running to start with. Then make a custom manifold. If you didn't have any running problems with the stock motor then it will be easier to find any problems aftermarket...
  20. supradude117

i was able to take some pics of the 1uz when it came in.

And the AEM can be told that it's a V8 motor instead of an inline six right?